Thursday 3 January 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Sedges Tile Wednesday 2nd January 2019

Eleven of Dad's Army started the New Year at Sedges Tile, and even without George there was plenty of  chat.   The weather was cold, with a wintry sun and a little wind, so it was not a bad start to 2019,. and we hope a good years fishing.

Denise looked after us today, so there were plenty of hot drinks.    The lads parted with their money quite willingly!!! so the business was quickly completed.   We had plenty of space today so there was no problem with the pegging.   The Golden Peg was twenty two, which was drawn by Mustard.

We were all in at 9-45.   I drew peg 36, sandwiched between Big Bird and the Nasty Old Sheriff.   I could also see Tungsten, Bend It, and Bill The Paste on the far bank, so I had plenty to watch as I fished.    First to start catching was the nugget grabbing Danny to my right, and as I struggled for a bite his pole was like a whores draws, up and down all the time, but it was mainly small fish.

Rob to my left started catching, fishing maggot on the waggler and was getting better quality fish.  Fishing further out seemed to be the answer, as I could see Mike, also on the waggler, using caster he said. Neither using ground bait, just catapulting loose feed. It's winter fishing

My day did not improve, I was hammered on both sides.  Happy New Year Bob???   There may have  been a lack of fish, but I really enjoyed the day in such good company.

It was all out, and I threatened Danny not to lift anything, as his wife Chris had threatened me if I let him.  I can't tell you how, but it could be  painful!!

We started with Mustard on peg 22, who had a respectable 18lbs 4ozs total.   Next it was Tungsten, who had struggled for 8lbs 8ozs.   Bend It on the wag 15lbs of silvers and a carp.   Tivi and Bill  were tested.   Across the lake The Wizard had worked his magic, he weighed 46lbs 14ozs for an overall win.  Sausage was next, he put 16lbs 6ozs of silvers on the scales for second in that category.   The Sheriff  had 10lbs of silvers and a carp for 21lbs 12ozs which was good enough for 2nd overall.  The next guy we wont mention, then Big Bird with a nice haul of 22lbs 4ozs of silvers for a win.

Not a bad start for the year, it's up to all of us to make it successful.  So get on with it!!

We have taken a few casualties in the last year, and lets hope they all make a good recovery.  This means we need some new recruits.    We started with Bill, Jeff and Rich at the beginning of the year, so let's give it some serious thought.    For the club to be successful we need good numbers at all matches.  If it's Wednesdays you wish to fish with Dad's Army, just phone me on 01278683243.                                               
                 Our next match is Emeralds on Speci,   There are only 14 pegs, so let it ring.

                                            HAPPY NEW YEAR

                                                         Bob


      P.S This Friday it's the club A.G.M,  If you want your say please turn up at the 37 Club. 7-0pm


                                                     




 



No comments:

Post a Comment