Sunday 13 January 2019

HLS 13/1/19 SEDGES







After meeting Dave Allen and Lord C at mac ds in Street we made the 20 minute journey to Bridgwater and onto the Sedges fishery … we got there just after 8 and the first thing I could see as we pulled up into the car park  was the waves on the right hand side of the lake (peg31-40) and I was thinking that I wanted a nice peg on the left hand side (peg21-30) as it was flat calm …

I only said to lord C in the week that I wanted a change of scenery and that I wanted a peg in the 30s..but looking at the waves I was thinking please leave in the normal area that I draw (pegs in the low 20s).

We had 17 booked in and I said the guru tart please think about the pegging as he wanted to put in all the pegs in (20 on the lake) ..me well I would have left out pegs 22,31,33 so after talking to the guru tart for 5 minutes he said he would put in all the pegs .. and if there are 3 pegs not drawn in a line then tough!!!

The golden peg was drawn by the silver fox aka Tony fry and he pulled out peg 22 ..so a good chance it could go from there as it can be a good area for silvers but who would get it and would it be drawn ???you didn't think of that Phil!!!!

Anyway I paid my pools to Shane and collected 2 nets and then had a chat to a few of the lads and it was nice to see a good bit of banter and a lot of piss taking which was directed at me !!! again.... and it was at this point I said to Dave Allen that I wanted peg 30..then I had the basket of dream pushed into me and I pulled out peg 30 mmmm….. so game on !! Dave well he got 22 and I said to him that he would fall in shit and smell of roses and he just smiled and went of on his merry way , Lord C got the peg I wanted in the week (peg35) but I wasn't to sure today due to the weather..

I got to my peg and the first thing I set up was a pop up bread rig for the bomb and also I set up a pellet feeder rig just in case I had a red letter day … also 2 pole rigs today 1 silvers  and one to fish to my left in the margin again just in case a few carp turn up !! 



my peg for the day … peg 30

After setting up my next job was to get into all round Mr nice guy Pauls (Paxo baits) head and after 10 minutes of me talking crap I think my mission was completed !! I then asked Paul (Paxo baits) what he thought the chances of us picking up would be and then he said I was going bald !! how rude … he said the he can remember the first time are paths crossed on the river Brue .. and I had long hair.... now I was losing it big time ..now he was f***ing me off ...so he was now winning the mind games ..I did laugh and I thought we would have a great battle today as Paul is no mug when it comes to silver fishing …

the 2 old farts ..Eric and Paul

 I could see the silver fox over on peg 31 and I could keep a eye on Danny (Pinocchio baits)  on peg 32 ….

When Phil the guru tart blow the horn at 10 I put in a small amount of micros and red maggots on the pole line at 13 meter and then put in 10 cubes of meat on the margin line and then went out on the pop up bread line …and it sat there so for the first 45 minutes I search around the peg and I didn't have a liner or bite .. mmm it was going to be hard me thinks !!

So a look on the pole line and it just sat there and I said to Paul (Paxo baits) we have fished for a hour and I haven't had a bite ..and then the float moved and I had my first skimmer in the net an then bugger all for the next hour ???

So I got of my arse and mixed up some ground bait and put in a ball on the pole line and also made up a cage feeder rig as I was thinking that those skimmer might be in the middle of the lake ..

So another 30 minute passed and I still only had 1 skimmer and thinking I hope the ground baits works … looking around as you do when not catching I could see the guys in the mid 20 catching carp well and I could also see my mate Dave Allen pole going in and out and I was thinking he going to win the silvers match and the golden peg !!!

So onto the pole line and I missed a bite straight away, then I had 5 skimmers in a row and I thought I had it sorted ..only for it to go iffy …. what to do I was thinking ??? ..well I was brave and put in a another small ball and had a few more skimmers ….and then I had a right unit of a carp which I think?? well it did  messed up my peg but I did get it in but I only had 1 more skimmer after that ….. I did try the margin line but didn't have a bite !!  and that was it ..

They started the scales on peg 21 with Phil the guru tart and he had a load of new fishing gear  and 8-14 of carp and was winning at this point … Next up was that man Dave Allen on peg 22 (golden peg) and he had 10-3 of silvers and 16-5 of carp for 26-8.. Brian (HMRC baits) on peg 23 had 23-11 then Tony N on peg 24 had 1-5 of silvers and 38-9 of carp for a total 39-14 …Then it was onto one of the richest men in Somerset  Graham and he had a nice day and ended up with  55-13 … then onto peg 26 … oh it wasn't drawn … peg 27 was Shane and he had 2 carp I think for 12-6 ..Eric on peg 28 chucked back ..Paul on peg 29 "a real flyer of a peg"  had 4-4 and a new hair cut !! I was next and had a bold head !! and 1 carp for 14-1 and just beat Dave in the silvers on our side with 11-13 for a total of 25-14 ..


Over to the far side and Tony Fry aka silver fox had 4-9 of silvers and 4 carp I think for 23-4 for a total of 27-13.... Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 32 chucked back which is a rare sight and shows how hard it was on that side ..Simon on peg 33 had 6-0 of silvers and 8-7 of carp for a total of 14-7 ..Bill on peg 34,Lord C on peg 35 and Nigel on peg 36 all chucked back and all had wind burn !! then pegs 37 and 38  were not drawn !! George on peg 39 was next and had 2-8 of silvers ..and last was D.T on peg 40 who again chucked back..

So looking at it the far side (pegs 31-40) fished harder but like I said they had a strong wind all day which did make me smile !!!! and we had it flat calm so defo on  the right side..

1st overall Graham (one of the richest men in Somerset) peg25 55-13
2nd overall Tony N (Mario baits) peg24 39-14
3rd overall Tony Fry (silver fox)peg 31 27-13
1st silvers S king peg30 11-13 I have drawn 4 end pegs in a row !!
2nd silvers Dave Allen (ipickupeverytime.com)peg 22
3rd silvers Simon peg 33 6-0

So a big well done today to all who stuck it out and to all the framers ..Next week we are at Trinity waters so please book in with Phil the guru tart !!


Wednesday the boys are at  the Viaduct on the "not so Scary Cary" so please book in with Bob on 01278683243 …

see you next week




No comments:

Post a Comment