Tuesday 29 January 2019

HLS Summerhayes 27/1/19


sellick's lake 27/1/9

We had 18 booked into this match and Phil was running like he does ..loud! Shane collected the money and what a fine job he is doing .. looking from the car park I said to lord c I didn't want the left hand side of the lake as it was blowing like a Hooley … and it was a very cold wind ..so any peg from 12- 23 or peg 1  (right hand side)  

left hand side 
right hand side

So we all went into the hut for the draw and into the bucket of dreams out comes peg 6 !!! not good but I would have a go ..I had the cleanest angler in the UK aka willy Wonka on peg 5 and radioactive man Stan on peg 7 and they both set up tip rods and I set up 2 pole rigs and in the end I was forced to set up a tip rod but the wind was bad ..in fact willy Wonka on peg 5 had his trolley blown into the lake behind us and also last some gear at the same time ..me well I caught carp and some skimmers but when I snapped my pole again !! I was thinking this is getting bad and the last straw for me was when we had a gust and all my gear was gone from my side tray … and all my top kit went for a walk … and then Simon came running down and grabbed my 16m section as I was just about to go for a swim and I didn't even see it roll away ..so thanks mate .. 

Simon snapped his number 6 section also so the hls gang were spending there hard earned cash on carbon fibre today as when I got home I also lost a cupping in kit ?? .

So a early bath for me and I was gutted to be honest as I had fish in front of me but the weather beat me today so I packed up after 2 hours and went and sat over the other side and it was like a different world but that's fishing .

So a big well done to the winners and to the lads who stuck it out .
the framers today :

1st overall Bill peg4 41-4
2nd overall Phil the guru tart peg 1 39-0
3rd overall D.T peg13 22-3

1st silvers Lord c peg16 9-11
2nd silvers Danny peg 17 7-1
3rd silvers Jeff peg 12 3-13


Next week we are at Shiplate farm on the main lake so looking forward to it as we have not been there for 5 months !! if you want to fish please book in with the tart .

have a nice week










No comments:

Post a Comment