Sunday 6 January 2019

HLS TRINITY WATERS 6/01/19

 
HLS 06/01/19 WOODLAND LAKE
 
So the first match of 2019 and we had the fantastic Trinity waters and I was looking forward to it ..We had 17 booked in so we put 9 on the far side and 8 on the car park side and I didn't mine what peg I had as long as it was double digit … but if I had to pick a peg I would have liked pegs 10-15 as I think you always get bite from these pegs and failing that a peg in the mid 20s ..
 
We had Shane doing what he does best and collecting the money (which now has changed as we now pay 50p each on top of the pools for the xmas match) and Danny doing the board and pegs etc..  
 
So I had a chat to the lads as we waited for the draw and met Nigel who is a new member and what a nice guy he is !! he was telling us that his fishing kit is cleaner that willy Wonka's kit … ok that's a load of crap because willy's kit is like it has just left the shop ….. mint....and I mean mint …
 
The golden peg today was peg 12 and was drawn by Somerset's richest man Rodger ..
and also looking around I could see that Danny was back !!! and he has hurt his back and I was told he did this moving his gold bars from under his bed to a new hole he has dug in his garden ..and after 25 gold bars he said his back just popped out.. ouch I was thinking ..but it was good to see him back but we would be playing for second in the silvers again ..
 
And then the Guru tart started with his normal noise and asked if I wanted to fish for a £2 side bet .. so I said yes ok big mouth !!! he was telling us about his new £450 rods and that they were the dogs nuts and that they were going to make him a better angler .. mmmm ok Phil !!!
 
Away the guru tart got the draw under way and I went in early and I would like to say that I pulled out peg 14 … but no I had peg 6 looking back at me.. and the guru tart had peg 14 and I was thinking that I would be handing over the £2 side bet …gutted.... so I had to moan a few on the hook again .. now I would love this peg in the summer but at this time of the year it could be a challenge and I wanted to fish for silvers today but I was already against it on this peg so I set up a margin rig ,tip rod, a carp pole rig, and a silvers rig just in case I had a few in front of me...
 
 
my home for the day … peg 6
 
On the side tray I had micros,  pinkies and red maggots and some expanders ….. at the all in I put in some bait on 13m line (silvers) and a few pellets on the 6m carp line and put a micros and reds to my right in the margins and started on the 13 m line and had a good few hours getting a bite a chuck but they were small .. but I could see most of the lake from my peg and it looked like it was fishing hard so I just kept putting the odd small skimmer in the net ..then I had a carp on the silvers rig which give me the run around but I got it in so I just kept at it …. word on the bank was Phil the guru tart was bagging big time !!!  and I could see Danny (Pinocchio baits) and D.T on pegs 10 and 13 catching silvers well so I was thinking I was out of the money on the silvers … my match ended with a lump on the tip in the last 20 minutes …  I was thinking my 2 water pigs  might go 20lbs and my silver might go 6lbs  .. so a hard day but I had bites 
 
We started the scales on the car park side with Brian (HMRC) on peg 33 and he had a DNW then it was Nigel on peg 32 who had 3-11 of silvers …Shane was next on peg 31 who had a DNW … Paul (Paxo baits) had a big perch and some small silvers on peg 29 and had 5-12 … then it was that man …. yes it was the best silvers angler in the club aka George .. who had 2--10 ….then it was onto willy Wonka on peg 26 who had the cleanest peg on the lake but also had a DNW ..and when we walked past his peg I sure I could smell a anti-bacteria spray ??? then it was onto Tony N who had 1 carp and some silvers for a total of 12-9 and was winning so far ..and last was Lord c who chucked back 5-6 lbs of silvers on peg 23 ..
 
Over to the far side and we started with the main man Eric on peg 15 who had 0-12 of silvers and 4 carp for 21-7 for a total of 22-3 … then it was the Guru tart on the best peg (14) and he had a shed load and put on 3-7 !!!  then D.T on peg 13 put on 9-5 of silvers … Roger on peg 12 went home … Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 10 had a nice net of silvers and plonked on 11-5 of silvers then John and Bill (peg 9 and 8) both chucked back ..then the next person was Tony fry on peg 7  who had 5-8 of silvers and then I was last on peg 6 and I had 7-1 of silvers and 20-10 of water pigs for a total of 27-11 ..
D.T with 9-5 ..
 
Danny with his winning net … AGAIN...11-5
 
so the winners today :
 
1st overall s king (I moaned a win again) peg 6 27-11 and £2 from the Guru tart...
2nd Eric peg 15 22-3
3rd Tony N (silver fox)peg 25 12-9
 
1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 10 11-5
2nd silvers D.T peg 13 9-5
3rd silvers Paul (Paxo baits)  peg 29 5-12
 
So a big well done to all who stuck it out … next week we are at sedges tile lake so please book in with the guru tart …
 
Also the club has cancelled all further matches at EMERALD POOL'S so the next match there was due to be on the 27/1/19 this NOW will be at SUMMERHAYES SELLICKS.....
 
ALSO here are the minutes of the AGM .and I would like to say thankyou to Tony Fry who has done a great job over the last 4 years . and I would hope the club will support Kev and Shane and the Guru tart  in there new roles..see you next week …






 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment