Monday 31 December 2018

HLS 30/12/19 Sedges Tile lake



sedges 30/12/18

Well it was the last match of the 2018 season for the HLS guys and we had to do battle at this poplar Bridgwater venue and we were on tile lake (the one with the islands) and  I was praying for a peg on the near side (peg 30-40) only because I am never on this side I would like to fish it for a change …

The talk in the car park was that peg 35 has been winning a lot of the matches and when me and Dave did a walk around there was carp topping in this area  so a good draw was a must !! and the funny thing was that when me and Dave got to peg 21 I said to him that I didn't want it as I never see it frame in the winter !! then I drew it ten minutes later !!! then I was told it was the golden peg !!… no pressure then ..

so the pegging went like this :

21 S king (all round Mr nice guy... who draws good pegs and moans about them...a lot!) 
23 Shane (Terry western bait company)
25 Tony N (Super Mario baits)
26 Stan (Radio active man)
28 Lord c (Octopussy)
30 Paul (Paxo baits)
31 Graham (In Somerset's top 10 rich list)
33 Rodger (Is Somerset's richest man and is keeping the UK car industry afloat single handed )
35 John B (Shepton silvers slayer)
36 Dave A (ipickupeverytime.co.uk)
38 Eric (Ninja)
40 George (Best silvers angler in the club)!!!! … his words not mine!!

So a few silvers boys on carp pegs.... and it seams the same guys drawing the same fantastic pegs again ..yes you Lord C!!! he ran to peg 28 and told me when he walked past that I would blank cos I was crap which upset me but that's what he is like …  I could see my mate Dave over on peg 36 smiling like a cat who had a full bowl of cream no make that 2 bowls ..so all to play for

So I went about doing what I do best and just set up loads ..2 tip rods, 3 pole rigs, and I  put in 2 keep nets …  I was feeling the vibe big time cos I could see George over on peg 40 and he is like my lucky charm as I do well every time he is next to me … but as there was that added pressure of the golden peg I had to just get my head down and fish my own match cos £550 is a lot of money to us poor sods from Frome (The poor part of Somerset)…..



One of the best … No.... the best silvers angler in the club giving me the 10 mile stare from peg 40...
It shows how good the modern phone is cos he was the other side of the lake and he is only 3 foot tall.

Anyway I could see Dave A catching well from peg 36 but they looked small (silvers) and I heard that Paul (Paxo baits) was catching well on peg 30 (again silvers) ..so skipped the silvers rig ..then the jungle drums told me that Rodger and Eric had a few carp (pegs 33/38) .and I seen Tony getting a few carp so I had to work hard today but I had few in the last hour …

We started the scales on my peg (21) and I had 4-0 of silvers and 41-12 of carp for a total of 45-12..next up was the younger western aka Shane on peg 23 who had 10-1 then Tony N on peg 25 had 28-6 ..Radio active man was next up on peg 26  and ad 4-1 of silvers … Then it was that man Martin aka Lord C on peg 28 ………… a great peg …………….who...…………..had...……….a...……… DNW  and boy did his brother laugh....Anyway we had all round Mr nice guy next on peg 30 Paul who had a great net on a hard day from okish peg and plonked on 21-4 of  silvers …I asked which ground baits he used and he just winked .. mmm he back on it boys ..

Paul's ground bait.. mixed with sensas lake 50/50..works a treat … 


those skimmers love  sage and onion …..(well done mate)

Over to the near side and we started with graham on peg 31 who 12-12 of silvers then the richest man in Somerset was next on  peg 33 who had 26-7...next up on peg 35 was Shepton silvers ace who had 8-12 of silvers and said he got them in the last few hours ….Then Dave A on peg 36 who had 13-8 of silvers and 7-4 of carp for 20-12...Eric on peg 38 had a bad day !! and put on 19-6 … and the last man was George who had a hard day catching white bait and put on 9-11...but he said the peg  was full of carp ???


So the winners today :

1st overall Steve King (I moan about my peg … a lot) peg 21 45-12
2nd overall Tony N (Mario baits) peg 25 28-6

1st silvers Paul  (Paxo baits) peg 30 21-4
2nd silvers Dave (ipickupeverytime.co.uk) peg 36 13-8

So a nice pick up for me today (£550 golden peg) and it is nice to end the year with a win ..at last … my son said I should put a photo of me with my winning net but I couldn't find one so he took this one today at a café and told me to up load it …looking good for 27...


my wife is so lucky

Next Sunday are at Trinity Waters so please book in with Phil …. also the AGM is this Friday at the 37 club … good luck with that !!

See you Sunday and happy  2019 .. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment