Thursday 24 January 2019

HLS Trinity waters 20/1/19 woodlands




Well it was back to Bridgwater for this weekends battle and the venue in use was the fantastic Trinity waters which was been kind to me over the winter months so I was looking forward to it ...so the first thing was to meet my good mates in mac ds in Street and then onto Bridgwater  ..

We got there with a hour to spare so I walked around the lake with Martin and the first thing I noticed was there were fish topping all over the lake ... and I said to Martin that I wanted to draw peg 2 or any peg from 10-17, as I feel that the silvers hang around these pegs and peg 2... Well it is full of carp and I was sure who ever got there  mitts on this peg would win .... and no I didn’t get it !!!

Anyway Phil the Guru tart was getting his hair done today and it was so quite ..I bet his neighbor was gutted cos he is one loud boy ... anyway  we had to make up the peg sheets out of the stack of £50 notes from Danny’s van so thank you to Danny !!!

We did have 18 booked in but a few dropped out so ended up with 15.

Tom did the pegs for us today and he selected pegs 2 (flyer),6 (flyer),8,10,11( a real flyer),13,14 ,17 (the biggest flyer in Somerset),23 (nice peg),24,26,27,29,30,32.....

Not sure who picked the golden peg but it was peg 29 and that man Danny (Pinocchio baits) got his mitts on it again and I thought it could go as he is a class act on the silvers and is always hard to beat but when I asked who was next to him I was told it was “the best silvers angler in the club” aka George ..so a nice battle going on there  ..

The pegging went like this ... peg 2 Tony Fry (silver fox)..peg 6 Shawn (willy Wonka) ..peg 8 Brian (HMRC baits) ... peg 10 Tony N (Mario bait company) ... peg 11 Martin aka Lord c (octopussy) ...  peg 13 Paul (Paxo baits) peg 14 Pauls best mate.. Me!!!..peg 17 D.T .. peg 23 Shane aka martins dad .. peg 24 Nigel or was it Callum (maver ) ... peg 26 Eric ..peg 27 George (best silvers angler in the club) his word and not mine !!!... peg 29 Danny (Pinocchio baits) and the golden peg!!! Again!!!! ....  peg 30 Dave Allen (ipickupeverytime.co.uk).. peg 32 John (Shepton silver slayer) ...

So I made my way to peg 14 and I had a spring in my step from all the abuse I was getting from my so called mates ..deep down I was one happy boy as this is a dream draw after pegs 2 and 11..



So I unloaded my gear then set about the mind games with Paul next door and he just didn’t shut up !!..but I love it ... He is one of those people you just love and a true  gent …

Paul (Paxo baits ) looking for his ear plugs....
 

I set up 1 tip rod and 2 pole rigs and went about my business but it was hard as Paul (Paxo baits) just kept talking .... I also mixed up some ground bait and a few micros and on the side tray I had some maggots and expanders and was ready with 15 minutes to spare  and I could see all the big guns on the good silvers pegs ...so game on !!

At 10 the all in was called and I put in one  ball of ground bait with a few dead reds and went straight on it and had a bite with in a minute.. so a few fish to be had .... also I feed the carp line just in case I needed to catch the water pigs ..I could see Danny catching silvers well and Tony N on peg  10 get a odd carp ..so I got into the groove and just kept adding  hand size silvers ... I also had 3 carp by the end of the match.

At 3 o’clock I thought I had 10-12 lbs of silvers and then martin told me that he thought Danny had a good net of silvers so I was thinking that he might have won the golden peg but as they say the scales don’t lie ...so the boys started the scales on the best peg ... peg 2  and Tony Fry put on 2-10 of carp and 2-5 of silvers ........ouch....Then peg 6 with Shawn and he had a DNW.. Brian was next on peg 5-6 of carp and 2-7 of silvers then Tony N was next on peg 10 and he had 16-11 of carp and 1-11 of silvers for a total of 18-6 ... Lord c was next up and he had a nice net of silvers 10-11 then it was my new best mate on peg 13 aka Paul (Paxo baits) who had 7-6 of silvers and a sore throat (god that boy can talk)  I was next on peg 14 and had 16-14 of silvers and 3 carp for 28-3 for a total of 45-1  then onto peg 17 and D.T had 11-9 of silvers ... then Terry was next sorry I mean Shane on peg 23 and i thought he should have won from there now that he has a nice new seat box ..and what a nice seat box it is !! anyway he chucked back then Nigel on peg 24 had 8-5 of silvers and then it was Eric on peg 26 who chucked back also ... Then the 2 big guns but who would win ????? well George was first on the scales on peg 27 and he had 8-6  and then Danny on peg 29 and also the golden peg and he had 14-13 of silvers so it was Danny again winning the battle and George handing over another pound ... Dave was next up on peg 30 and he had 14-14 of carp and 4-1 of silvers for a total of 18-15 and then lastly it was john on peg 32 and he 7-15 of silvers

So I just beat Danny in the silvers and stopped him from winning the golden peg  and also won overall so happy days

 So the winner today :

 1st overall S King peg 14 45-1

2nd overall D Allen (ipickupeverytime.co.uk) peg 30 18-15

3rd overall Tony N (Mario baits) peg 10 18-6

1st silvers  Danny (Pinocchio baits) 14-13 peg 29

2nd silvers D.T 11-9 peg 17

3rd silvers Martin (octopussy baits) peg 11 10-11



This Sunday we are at Summerhayes and NOT Emeralds ...see you there


No comments:

Post a Comment