Thursday 10 January 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 9th January Trinity Woodlands

Another Wednesday, another cold but sunny winter's day.  We fished Trinity Woodlands today, and the lads knew it was going to be hard, but it was a case of "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"

Eleven of us fished, Danny did the pegging, and I the business.   We lost a very good member, we realised the reason, it was, he does not fish the away day or the Christmas Fair match, which the extra 50 pence subsidises.   It had become a club rule, and applies to everyone.   So I say to Rob  "we have enjoyed your company,  respect your decision, and we will miss you"  Good luck for your future fishing.

We made the draw and Tungsten got the Golden Peg number 26, which is not a bad spot.   I got 30 which was between Boy George and The Nasty Old Sheriff, which meant a good kicking up the derriere!!!   Everyone was happy so it was time to take up our positions and prepare for the attack.

I decided to learn how to use the rod and reel again.   I fished a small maggot feeder with a single maggot on the hook.   I certainly did need educating as I missed four out of five bites, and did not catch any of the quality fish I was hoping for.   Another nugget lost!   I won't give up this method, because I firmly believe it will produce results, especially at this time of the year;  maybe this is wishful thinking.  I must have been casting into one of Tonto's black holes today.

Next to me Danny was catching small fish all though the match, and I spotted our Shakespearean Bummer Boy actually netting a carp.    He generally manages to lose them, and there is usually some strange reason, it's never his fault when they got away.  These are Fairy Tales I think.

I had one friend this morning, a Robin who helped himself  to the bait on my tray.

The match ended, and Danny and myself started the weigh in at peg 6, where The Wizard had thrown back his few silvers.   Phil was next; he had caught the only carp of the day, and had a total of 10lbs 4ozs which was good for second overall.   Bend It had caught on the waggler all day, he won silvers with a nice net of 15lbs 1ozs of small fish.   Tungsten weighed 8lbs 13ozs and Danny 9lbs 13ozs, these were good enough  for 1st and 2nd silvers by default.

        It was a good day, much better than sitting by the fire watching television and vegetating.!!!

           Next Wednesday we visit Viaducts on the "not so Scary Cary" at this time of the year.

                Come on let's be having you.

                       Hands off cocks on with socks,  let's get some social fishing under our belts

                                                              See you there

                                                                           Bob.




                                                      .

                                                                   


                                             




                                     




No comments:

Post a Comment