Thursday 31 May 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 30th May Sedges Brick

Dad's Army were attacking  Sedges Brick today, and took some casualties with five DNW, but for some it was pretty good.   Tonto managing peg four, which was the Golden Peg, winning overall by just 2ozs (must be something wrong with the scales!!).

The day was looking good, the rain stopped leaving it  overcast with a little breeze.   Jamie sorted the pegs while I did the business.   It was a good turn out today, there were sixteen fishing and expectations were high.

At the draw the Wizard got peg ten, which is carp infested waters, and we all expected him to win.  What a letdown he had just one carp, and to add insult he caught the only tench of the day to win the
 £10 voucher, which was generously donated by Somerset Angling, our local tackle shop.

I drew peg 18 next to Big Bird on 17, who was fishing the waggler to good effect, catching from the off.     I decided on six sections of pole, with meat, caster and maggot, no ground bait, and loose feeding regularly.   The match started well, I could see others catching, and I had fish in the net.

After three quarters of an hour my usual disaster; I am such a clumsy git, I tangled my rig beyond redemption.   Rob was giving me a mothesr father next door so I decided to fish in close to my left, hoping for the tench..   I was getting small fish, then some proper bream plus a carp, followed by a long empty spell.

The Sheriff packed up and went home, so maybe I'll get another nugget?  In the last few minutes I caught two flyers, and an eel, which helped the cause

It was weigh in time, many thanks to Tony Newell and Richard Mustard Coleman for their help. I enjoyed my day, but had to settle for third in the silver stakes, with 16lbs 12ozs.   Rob won with 26lbs  Baz second with 18lbs ,     The overall was Tonto with Tony N second.
       
          Good mates, good craic, and good fishing.   Keep it coming.

                      Next Wednesday it's Trinity Woodlands not Shiplate as previously stated, Sorry  about the mistake.
                                                                                     
                                  So get on the phone!!

                                                                     Bob


                         



No comments:

Post a Comment