Thursday 10 May 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 9th May Shiplate Hawthorns

Dad's Army were attacking Shiplate Hawthorns today, and a more relaxed force of twelve you couldn't imagine.   Boy George turned up looking much better than he should, after a long weekend trying to drink Bolton dry.    The Nasty Old Sheriff was walking like he needed a simmer frame after humping concrete blocks, but they all had far fetched ideas about their fishing abilities.

Carole, Steve and Reggie were looking after these ancient scamps,  giving them advice,  not all about fishing.   Steve selected the pegs, and Carol picked the Golden Peg number three, which went to W.O.2 Parker when the draw was made.   The fishery was in cracking condition, the weather good, so let's get busy.

I heard no complaints!!  and when I drew peg nine I was a very happy trooper.   Peg ten was empty, and Danny was to my left on eight.   The plan for today was, skimmers down the track,and crucians in the margins.   Feeding ground bait and particles for the bream, and caster, maggot and corn down the edge.

At the all in I started two thirds across with double maggot to twenty hook.  I like to get something in the net quickly, and then work on it.   Tonto was behind his swim unhooking a nice carp within minutes, and Danny was off to a flyer with the silvers.    Myself, I bumped one fish and pulled out of a carp, ending up a tree (this I did four or five times during the match).   I had two small skimmers after an hour's effort.    Time to change;  it was caster down the left hand edge, which I had fed steadily.   I was rewarded with some nice plump crucians, and  hearing Danny say he was having a bad one after an hour, it was looking good.

What I like about this fishery is, for instance, today I have caught crucians, skimmers, chub, roach, rudd, two eels, and even a Tommy Ruff.   How different from some of our venues, and I forgot to mention 44lbs of the scaleys I caught.

Sadly it was all out, and the moment of TRUTH had arrived, a word some of these lads are not used to.

Tungsten was first to weigh with 24lbs 15ozs,   welcome back Dave.  Silvers are spawning, and not fishing that well, so it could be tight.   Plenty of carp around, and Ninja top overall with 84lbs 14ozs, three of us were pushing 60lbs, but Bend It got second with 59lbs 12ozs.   I got the silvers with 14lbs 9ozs, but more important the nuggets.   Tivi was second with 9lbs 4ozs.

Well done to all of you on a very productive days fishing,  and a BIG thank you to Shiplate.

Two items to note on Wednesday we visit Summerhays, where we will be fishing LONGS LAKE NOT Sellicks.   The match booked for the 30th May, will be at SEDGES BRICK, so please make a MENTAL!!! note of both these arrangements.

                  Grubs up I shall have to go

                                     Don't forget to phone

                                                                 Bob



                                                                   
.


No comments:

Post a Comment