Monday 14 May 2018

Shiplate main lake 13/5/2018

Shiplate farm main lake 13/5/2018
Fantastic venue.....


The HLS crew only  had 14 booked into this match today as a few had other commitments but this is a nice number to have on this lake and pegging was easy but the only problem was the Guru tart was doing the pegging out and he has only got 10 fingers and thumbs ..but we got there in the end as a kind member offered the tart his hand ...anyway I got there nice and early today and Mike asked if I was going to get some  food from the new van that is now on site and after reading Tony rixon's blog  about how nice the food was I couldn't say no so I ordered a breakfast roll and it was just perfect ....

Moments later Lord C (octopussy baits) turned up and unloaded his new box onto his trolley. Me and Mike just looked at each other and said wow what a nice bit of kit.. Then he put on his new bright white Gore-Tex and I was thinking he looked like John Travolta in Saturday night fever  !!!! I smiled so he ripped it off and put his normal Gore-Tex gear back on. He told me and Mike that he is fed up with people taking the pi## out of him (me) and that he was going to sell it cheap to a mate who works for the NHS ?? wipe clean ? ..

We had George (best silvers angler in the club) back with us today and he was telling us all that he was going to get peg 15 and would win the match within 2 hours ..my god this boy has a big ego ..



I paid my pools money to Shane said hello to all members ...I then spoke to Steve and his good wife to get some info on how the lake was fishing and what area was winning and he told me pegs 2,3,4,5 have done well the last 3-4 days but peg 3 was the peg to have !!!!

Into the bucket  early today and I pulled out .....peg 1 ...I was happy as I have done well of this peg before. but I wanted to fish for silvers today and this is a out and out carp peg  I feel ...George (best silvers angler in the club) got his wish and got peg 15 !! Git ..and to make matters worse this was also the golden peg ...I honestly would cry if I had to hand over the golden peg money to him today ..anyway he told me that he would do very well today ....and ran all the way over to his peg getting there before I got to peg 1 not bad for a man of his age...

Looking at the sheet I could see that man John Travolta, sorry lord C (octopussy baits) had peg 13A and this is a great area for silvers and he would be going for them also D.T. was on peg 14B and he is no mug when it comes to fishing for silvers and again a great area .. Danny (Pinocchio baits) had peg 4 and the peg every one wanted had the Guru tart sat in it (peg 3) Shaun had peg 2  but it was full of crap falling from the trees ..I did feel for him as this is a great peg when the sun comes out...

Paul (paxo baits) had a quick chat on his way to his peg about how he was going to beat us all with his wag and maggot approach and that this  would beat all the pole guys ...and as were chatting we could see George (best silvers angler in the club) over on peg 15 getting all his top kit out and boy he was in the zone !! (shoe zone!!!)

Rigs today  were  a slapping rig, a rig to fish hard pellet at 13m and margin rig to fish to my right and a paste rig ...also a pellet feeder to fish to the island and lastly a pellet wag also to fish to the island .

At the all in I put a small amount of 4mm pellets on the 13m line and started slapping a like a mad man. Also I kept pinging 8mm pellets over towards to island after 30 min and a sore arm I put the slapping rig up the bank never to be used again...so out onto the 13m line with banded 6mm pellet and had 5 skimmers in a row?? This was not the plan ..I got off the box and set up a light rig with expander thinking that I might be sat on a boat load of skimmers, so out again on the expander rig and bang!! a carp ?? ...

A hour in and still pinging 8mm pellets over towards the island I had 1 carp and 11lbs of silvers in the nets. I could see carp munching over towards the island so I got the pellet feeder rig over there asap...and never really looked back and had a great day catching on the tip and also catching in the margin to my right on the paste ..at the all out I could see the Guru tart with 2 nets in so he had a great day also .

I packed up asap and went over to peg 15 to help lord C and Tony do the scales ..George (best silvers angler in the club) was the first to plonk on 18lbs of silvers and at this point he was winning the golden peg (joke George) and I had a tear in my eye...D.T. on peg 14B had 14-12 of silvers and a few carp for 34-1 Tony on peg 14 had 8-3 of silvers and 57-13 of carp for a total of 66lbs then it was that man John Travolta sorry Lord C (octopussy baits) who had a great net of silvers (29-7) and also 22-5 of carp and he only fished for the silvers for 2 hours just like George said he would !! Well done that man and also this stopped George (best silvers angler in the club) winning the golden peg ...again
 Lord c ...all in 2 hours




Over to the near side of the lake and Tony Fry (silver fox) was on peg 7 and had 9-15 of silvers and 24-2 of carp for a total of 34-1 next door on peg 6 was Paul (paxo baits) who had a fantastic net of silvers on the wag and maggot and plonked  36-3 of good skimmers on the scales


Paul (paxo baits) 36-3 of prime silvers


Next was Shane on peg 5 who had 5-7 of silvers and one carp for 18lbs for a total  of 23-7  then onto Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 4 who said he had a few !! well he also had a great day with 26-9 of silvers and a long nose!!!!! then it was the guru tart on peg 3 ......drum roll please ......first net 1-11 of silvers then 47-9 of crap for a total of 49-4 all caught on skill !!!!  Shaun on peg 2 went home early as he was having a nightmare with scum in the water and then it was me ..well I had 11lbs of silvers and put a few carp into the mix for a total of 148-4 ..

So a great day for most and this fishery is just getting better and better.. I love the place !!


1st overall S King 148-4 peg 1
2nd overall Tony N 66-0 peg 14

1st silvers Paul (paxo baits) 36-3 peg 6
2nd silvers Lord c (octopussy baits) 29-7 peg 13A

Next week we are at Trinity waters so please book in with the Guru tart. Also I have just checked the silvers golden peg money and it is just short of £3000 so it is worth winning.. I thought it might have gone today (you must try harder George) !!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment