Tuesday 8 May 2018

Summerhayes 8/5/2018

Summerhayes
8/5/18


14 HLS crew today and wow was it a hot one!! Pete put us on Sellicks lake today and I was looking forward to it ..there was a open on Longs and I had a chat to a few of the regulars and asked about the lake that we were fishing and most said that paste was the way to go .. I asked Mark who was fishing Longs what pegs would he wanted if he was on Sellicks and he said 12,13,14,15....and looking at the lake it looked like the wind was blowing into this end so fingers crossed I might draw in this area .


I paid my money to Shane and told the Guru Tart that Lord C wasn't there as he was picking up his new Gore-Tex suit , he is having a one off made ...I think it is in  white with octopussy on the back in red and a list of his sponsors ??? Lord C tells me that he wants it to match his new seatbox ...good luck in keeping that clean mate....also the Guru Tart informed me that he has put in a order for his new pole omg! His old one is only 1 month old !!  Bridgwater Anglings best customer me thinks!!!

All that money and the guru tart has to bike it to this venue ...omg!!!



Anyway the golden peg was drawn and it was peg 14!!! so into the bucket of dreams and I pulled out peg 16 ... and Brian (hmrc baits) got his big hands on peg 14 ...so I asked Mark what peg 16 was all about and he said it was ok but not a winner .....

I set up a rig to fish over to the fair bank, 1 for the track and a paste rig and a tip rod to fish to far bank to my left .

I had that inform man Tony next door on peg 15 and John on peg 18  looking around and I see Brian on peg 14 smiling like a cat who just got the cream ... Roger peg 13  and the silver fox (aka Tony Fry) on peg 12 moaning because he had more fish than water on peg 12 ......

Anyway my match went like this I had a few over on the pole .....2-3 on the paste rig a few on the tip rod ..and in the last hour didn't put a fish in the net and as I all know when that happens it make you feel sick ...as I had to watch the guys to my right catch until the end of the match

Brian (hmrc baits) on peg 14 fished a great match and caught all day fishing long and very tight to the bank and fishing a few inches deep ..so after 6 hours in the oven most on my side had packed up.

We started the scales on peg 23  with Terry putting on 5-8 of silvers and 8-0 of carp for a total of 13-8 to go into the lead .... joke !! Then there was 3 DNW'S then it was my turn and I had 54-8 to take the lead for only 1 minute when Tony on peg 15 put 57-10 (GIT) and I said to Tony that will be second today !! onto Brian (hmrc baits)  on the golden peg 14 and he had done well and put on 94-12 (well done that man) Roger on peg 13 had 27-7 of bread fish (sorry mate but most carp on this lake suffer from celiac disease) then the silver fox on peg 12 had 52-5 ..Danny (Pinocchio baits)on peg 10 had 9-9 of silvers and then Shane on peg 8 had 35-5  and lost a boat load according to Danny ...Graham on peg 6 had 15-13 ..DT on peg 4 had 6-7 of silvers and 17-14 of carp for 24-5  and Paul (PAXO BAITS) on peg 2 had a DNW ..

So Brian (hmrc baits) had won the match and  golden peg ..well done mate but the only trouble was we had to deduct 40% tax at source from the prize money + golden peg which was a bit of a nightmare, but rule are rules and we all must pay are tax (wink wink) ..that man Tony on peg 15 was second ...on the silvers front that man Danny (Pinocchio baits) won again !!! And we all could hear George (best silvers angler in the club ) crying all the way from Bolton and boy did Danny laugh...and DT was second in the silvers and it was nice to see DT back fishing again after his crash in the snow ..

1st overall Brian (hmrc baits)
2nd overall Tony

1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits)
2nd silvers D.T

Sunday we are at Shiplate farm  main lake, I am not sure how many are booked in so please speak to the Guru Tart

Looking at Dom Sullivan Caught Short blog it looks like half of the lake fished well and the other side fished rock hard ..so a good draw please !!! I will upload a photo of Lord C's new Gore-Tex if I get close to him but I will be on peg 9 and he will be on peg 15 !!! again ....have a great week ...












No comments:

Post a Comment