Thursday 7 June 2018

Avalon 3/6/2018

AVALON 3/6/2018
I was looking forward to today's match at Avalon as it is full of fish, but it was hot and no wind so it would be a hard day. Anyway, I dipped my nets, paid my money to Shane and had a chat with the Silver Fox. The car park started to fill up but it was so quiet and then the penny dropped, the guru tart was on holiday. Talking to Lord C (Octopussy baits) we both agreed to like a nice day on the silvers, but you have got to be in the right area and it seems the top end of the lake looked like the area to be.

George (best silvers angler in the club well 2nd best) said he would win !!!! As he got beat last week by Lord C (Octopussy baits) he was out for revenge!!!
 The club had pegged 1 -23, so for me any peg above 10 and I would be more than  happy for  silvers. For carp I would have liked peg 5, 11, 12, 13, 19, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, oh yes and 20 .
Into the bag of dreams and I pulled out peg 6 !!! Not too happy as pegs 5 and 7 were both in. So, a carp day for me I was going to set up a bomb, pellet wag, mug rig and paste rig and also a banded pellet rig and forget about going for any silvers .
 Mike D was on peg 3, Shane was on 5, me 6,  Roger was on peg 7 and D.T was on peg 9. That man Tony N was on 10, Colin was on 11, Mike B was on 12, Eric was on 13, Danny (Pinocchio bait) was on 16 again and Graham was on peg 17; this was also the golden peg ..
Then onto the big guns... Tony Fry (silver fox) was on peg 19, Lord C was on peg 20, Rob was on peg 21 and the end peg was George (best silvers angler in the club maybe) on peg 22 ..
At the start I put a small cup of 4mm pellets on the pole line  and had a go on the wag ..Shane next door put  a cup of micros on his pole line and it was fizzing like mad and he had 4-5 lbs in the first 10 minutes, I was thinking I should have set up a silvers rig, but just kept pinging 8mm pellets over to the reeds and had a carp and then lost it!!! Then I hooked a 2lber so the blank avoided. Over the next few hours I had 7-8 small carp on the wag and 1 on the bomb.
I had a look on the mug rig and the carp just went the opposite way when they looked at  my pellet!!! I was getting hotter and hotter as the sun was on us all for most of the day and to be honest I couldn’t wait for the all out !!
In the last hour I had 6 carp on the pole rig and they were bigger then the wag so I wasn’t sure what I had at the all out ??

They started the scales on peg 22 and George (best silvers angler in the club) had 21-5 ..Rob on peg 21 had 19-3  Lord C (Octopussy baits) on peg 20 had 36-4 of silvers and 7-5 of carp for a great day fishing and more importantly beating that man George …. again!!! Lord C has had 65lbs  of silvers in the last 2 matches and George has had to watch him both times !! I bet he is gutted ..Tony Fry (silver fox) had 33-12  of carp ..Graham on peg 17 had a DNW ..Danny (Pinocchio baits) had 18-6 on peg 16 ..Eric on peg 13 had 61-3 ..Mike B had a DNW on peg 12 ..on peg 11 Colin  had 23-10  then onto that man Tony N on peg 10  who had a DNW , that’s very unusual. D.T on peg 9 had 9-11 and 7-1 for a total of 16-12...  Roger  on peg 7 chucked back 5-6 carp.. I had 71-5 and then Shane on peg 19-2 of silvers and a carp for a total of 25-9 ..and then lastly was Mike D  who had 19-11 of silvers and 13-14 of carp for a total of 33-9 ..
So the heat and lack of wind definitely affected the fishing today but it still fished well for silvers but the carp just didn’t want to have a munch but and I love the place ....

The winners
1st overall S King, peg 6, 71-5
2nd overall Eric, peg 13, 61-3
3rd overall Tony Fry (silver fox), peg 19, 33-12

The silvers winners
1st silvers Lord C (Octopussy baits), peg 20, 36-4
2nd silvers George (best silvers angler in the club), peg 22, 21-5
3rd silvers Mike D, peg 3, 19-11

Right this Sunday we are at the Shiplate Canals. Please contact Tony Fry (silver fox) if you want to fish ...







1 comment:

  1. Well done after I left Steve. You didn't mention your laccy being wrapped around the pallet I noticed!!

    ReplyDelete