Monday 28 May 2018

Sunday 27th May 2018 - Landsend

Well today 17 of us turned up to do battle at Mike's Landsend fishery. First port of call for 8 of us was to sit down to one of Di"s freshly cooked breakfast (best in Somerset).

Onto the draw, peg 1 picked out by Di was the golden peg and Mr Coombs drew it. I told him it was safe for another week. Mr Chairman Fry left me peg 11 and he drew peg 18. The rain had left us and the sun was out, hot and sticky, so off we all went to our pegs to set up for the battle. Ahead Bolton George was saying about his peg and going home. I don't know why Maver put up with him, lol. 

I blew the hooter and the match began. We had for the day on the match lake 12 guys; 6 on each side and 5 others on the Specimen lake. I was taking a lot of stick from Shane Western in peg 13 telling me that I was doing it wrong; happy days!

The match over both lakes fished well with Match lake, left side, 1st overall was Colin Lambert, 49-8 and 1st silvers was Simon Gardner 22-14. On the right hand side, 1st overall was Tony Newell 90-5 and 1st in silvers, the grey fox himself Mr Tony Fry and yes I had to pay him a nugget. Then onto the other lake and 1st over all was my good mate Stan the man with 76-8. 1st in silvers was the next 'Des Ship', Martin Western with 29-0.

As you can see from the sheet it was a close match. One more fish here and there and things might have been different for the result. Next week Postman Pat will be back after his weeks holiday; I hope he enjoyed his time away. I will see you all in 3 weeks time when I am back from my holiday in Vietnam. So tight lines, happy fishing and hope you don't miss me to much. The guru tart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment