Tuesday 22 May 2018

Trinity waters 20/5/2018

Trinity waters woodlands
18 booked into this match at this fantastic venue and with the sun out it was going to be a perfect day well that's the was the plan. Me and Lord C got the lakes early and got a nice parking space and then George (best silvers angler in the club and he was today!!!) turned up and started taking the piss out of me (which I love) and he told me that he would win the silvers today from any peg .
Then Mike came over for a chat and showed us all his new top "very nice Mike" from Tip Top Tackle. Mike told us that they sell all the tackle you could ever need and they are located at Unit 2, Eastmead Lane ,Walton, Somerset..

I paid my money to Shane and then dipped my nets and Tony Fry (silver fox) asked if we could sort out the away day for next year (2019) which we did and is now booked (Todber manor)  and looking at the results it is fishing it nuts off … 113-10 of silvers were caught this weekend ..so that should keep half the club happy !!
The golden peg today was drawn by Colin and was peg 23.  I put my hand into the box of dreams and had peg 27 looking back at me, This is a good peg for silvers and the bonus is it's not a long walk so happy day and with the sun on my back most of the day I wouldn't have any problem seeing my float …
Looking around I could see Roger on peg 6 which would suit him then Shaun on peg 8 and still looking for his iPhone …Terry on 9 .Then it was the big 5 guns all in the row starting with Danny(Pinocchio baits) on peg 11 then Lord C on peg 12, Mike on peg 14, Rob on peg 17 and George (best silvers angler in the club and today he was) on peg 19 ..so at least I could see what was going on ..
On our side I had Shane next door on peg 26  and Tony f (silver fox) on peg 29 ..I could hear the Guru tart who was on peg 30 but saying that everyone in Bridgwater can hear him !! I have been told by one of my postie mates that the Guru tart's  next door neighbour told him that he looks forward to every Sunday as the tart goes fishing and he gets some peace and quite !!!
So how did my match go well I set up 4 pole rigs a tip rod and a pellet wag ..I started on the tip rod for about 10 minutes and that was it for the day (I hate the bomb rod) then the wag for 10 -15 mins and had enough of that so out on the pole and had a few silvers on the soft pellet rig and then the carp turned up and had a steady run of carp on the hard pellet rig. My wheels fell of in the last 1-2 hours as the carp just went and I only added 1 more carp in that time ...But it was a joy to watch all the bullshit coming from pegs 11-14 ….
At the all out I packed up and loaded all my gear back into my car ..Me, Danny(Pinocchio baits) and Lord C (octopussy baits) started the scales on peg 33 with Tony N who had a great day and plonked on 138-3 ..well done that man !!! next was D.T who had 6-10 of silvers and 29-6 for a total of 36-0 ..Then it was the Guru tart who went for the silvers today and put on 0-8 of silvers and also caught 27-0 of accidental carp...but he did say that when he gets his new £3500 pole he might get a few more !! Steve kedges best customer me thinks... then onto Tony F (silver fox) who had a total of 34-15  then me on peg 27 and I had 72-8 then 3 DNWS …..next George (best silvers angler in the club) had a busy day and had 1875 silver fish for 21-5 .. "I love him".. Rob and Mike didn't bother to weigh in and then  Lord C put on 14-9 of silvers, Danny(Pinocchio baits)   just beat Lord C and had 16-7 of silvers … Terry and Shaun  didn't bother and then Rodger on peg 6 had 44-3 ..and the last to weigh in was Brian (HMRC baits) had 39-10..
So a great day with plenty of banter and like I said it was a pleasure listening to all the lies coming from peg 11-14...……….
So the winners on the day :
1st overall Tony n peg 33   138-3
2nd overall s king peg 27    72-8
3rd overall Rodger peg 6    44-3
1st silvers George (best silvers angler in the club)  peg 19  21-5
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 11   16-7
3rd silvers Lord C (octopussy baits) peg 12   14-9
I am not fishing next Sunday as I am away so the Guru tart is doing the blog ….the club is at Landsend so if you want to fish and also want breakfast please speak to the Phil so that he can give Di some idea of numbers …..I hope you all have a great match and I am gutted that I am not there as I love the place ..good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment