Thursday 31 August 2017

Wednesday 30th August 2017 - Shiplate Hawthorns

We were visiting Shiplate Hawthorns today, it was a pleasure meeting again with Carole,Steve, and Reggie.   It is always a good atmosphere here, everyone having time for each other, no matter how busy the day.

Fifteen arrived, but sadly Cockerel had to leave because his wife was taken ill, we wish them both well.

After settling all the money, it was time for the draw   Peg ten was the Golden Peg,   drawn by Terry.   Reggie drew peg five for me, I was well pleased.   I had already decided it was going to be a re-run of Sunday's effort, fishing short with caster as hook bait, and feeding regular amounts of corn, caster and groud bait.

I shouted all in, and off we went.   I was soon getting a regular flow of good roach, and as time passed, a smattering of skimmers, two carp, and some boot laces.   Ninja on my left was having a noisy day, blaspheming the ducks in his swim, and the lack of fish.   This did change in the last two hours of the match, as he notched up another win.    Roger to my right had a relaxing day, catching just a few carp with some choice comments.

At four o'clock it was time for all out;  the weighing started at peg fifteen.   I had no idea how much I had in silvers, but the jungle drums told me the Nasty Old Sherrif had 23lbs 6ozs; a good weight.  When the scales arrived my two carp  weighed 9lbs 1oz, I then lifted my silvers net, and I got this good feeling about nuggets coming my way.   It was no contest, I'd had a great day's fishing, the scales read 31lbs 6ozs.     The full results below.

                 On Sunday it is Viaduct Campbell, and next Wednesday  
                                             Summerhays Sellicks.

                                                          Bait up.

                                                                         Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment