Tuesday 29 August 2017

Sunday 27th August 2017 - Summerhayes Longs Lake

It was a really hot day with no wind, would the residents of Summerhayes Longs come out to  play?   There were sixteen, of HLS's finest, looking forward to putting temptation in their way, in the form of pellet, maggot, caster, and corn etc.

Before this could happen Treasure had to do the business, and the draw had to be made.   The Golden Pegs were fifteen drawn by Shane, and thirty drawn by Tivi Dave.    I was very happy with my peg number thirty six, with only a short walk.  Again my tactics were, a short pole , feeding maggot and caster, with small balls of ground bait, single caster on a eighteen hook to try for skimmers.   With the hot conditions and lack of wind, I didn't expect a great weight, it was going to be a day of patience.   My day started slowly, but improved as the fish found my bait.   I knew I would have to contend with some carp, but at least they are of a sensible size at this fishery.

On my left Martin was catching from the off, and looked set for a big weight, while Dick to my right was also catching well.  I could not see any other anglers from my position, so I "ain't" got a clue how I was doing, but the scales don't lie, not like some anglers I know!!

Horny tooted all out, and Martin started the weighing at peg two.   I was packing up and not getting involved.   When they approached my peg I knew there were some good weights carp wise, but how about the silvers?   I knew the Nasty Old Sheriff had done well, he had the board in his hand, which he would not let me see!!   I was told he had l2bs 15ozs so I knew it would be close.   Could that sneaky Bob take the smile off his face?  The answer with 14lbs was YES, so I had to accept the abuse and name calling with "Good Grace".   Another nugget in the bag.

Martin won overall with 125lbs 6ozs, and Ninja second with 94lbs10ozs.

I must say what a great pleaure it was having a "PEE" in Peter's new toilet block.   This is a great step forward, many thanks Peter from all of HLS.  We wish you every success.

      On Wednesday we are at Shiplate, and next Sunday Avalon.

                                      Keep at it

                                                   Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment