Thursday 24 August 2017

Wednesday 23rd August 2017 - Avalon

Another  Wednesday, another trial by combat for Dad's Army at Avalon Fisheries.
There were fourteen on parade today, all kitted out and raring to go.    I'm afraid I started on a bad note, winding Chris up about pegs I'd not agreed on with Vic, I must apologize again mate.

So pegging sorted out, finances all completed, it was time for the draw.   Number six was the Golden Peg, which was drawn by Treasure.    I got peg three, with the Nasty Old Sheriff on my left, and Bagger Newell to my right.  Game on!    The weather was set fair, and the lake was looking great;  another perfect day.

Horny tooted, and we got to it.    I could see Danny's pole sticking out his usual eleven to thirteen metres, and a bit  of ground bait going in; but not for me, just a few caster and a little corn at the four section length, repeated regularly, with corn on the hook.   I was looking for quality not quantity, and I expected to be slow at the start.  My first fish was an unwanted carp, around five pounds, this was not a good start, but in the net it went.

Surprise!! surprise!!  the rest of my day was just what I planned, with a very nice bag of skimmer and bream weighing 28lbs 2ozs, which was good enough to win the silvers by ounces from Tungsten, who weighed 27lbs 14ozs.   The Burb won overall with 62lbs 14ozs, with Bagger Tony second with 53lbs 3ozs.

Bad Boy George, who drew flier peg nineteen, reckoned the fish had moved? Always an excuse!   Danny on peg four called me some rather naughty names, but that meant taking his nugget all the better!  that's four on the trot;  I'm not smiling honest!

          Sunday it's Summerhays, and next Wednesday we visit Shiplate Hawthorns

                       Can't wait for more nuggets!

                                          Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment