Saturday 19 August 2017

Wednesday 16th August 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

It was Wednesday 16th August when Dad's Army HLS came to test their ability at angling.   Sixteen men arrived at Trinity Woodlands for that purpose, and also to give each other a taste of the verbals.

Misha, looking good, looked after us giving the chaps hot drinks.    She drew the Golden Peg number twenty eight, which went to Tonto.    I collected the money, squared up with Trinity, and sorted the pools, then it was time for the draw.

I got twenty three and was happy; it's not often I'm on the near bank.    To my left was Ballcock, and on my right Terry, that should have meant a quiet day, but I did not take into consideration the pair of bitches across the lake!!  namely Bad Boy George and Bend It.     George made comments on Mike's swim, saying how much he could catch from it.   He fished for Ninjas down the edge towards Mike, halfway through Mike fished down the edge towards George; who was fishing in who's swim?   I must say the dialogue was quite entertaining, especially when Mike lost his number four section in the water;  there was no sympathy shown!!   

My day was sort of stop and start,  I did manage 15lbs 8ozs of silvers, but that was not good enough to beat Tungsten with 20lbs 2ozs.    Tonto was looking good on the Golden Peg with two to weigh, but along came Ninja Eric with an outstanding weight of 136lbs 15ozs, game over.

It was a pleasant entertaining day, which is just like every Wednesday with the lads.   Keep at it, it's to good to stop.

       On Sunday we are at Viaducts which is full,  and next Wednesday  we visit
                             Avalon, all the more the merrier.       

                                         I feel a song coming on!!


                                                             Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment