Wednesday 23 August 2017

Sunday 20th August 2017 - Viaduct Cary

Scary Cary beckoned and 20 of us were up for the challenge. It was a quiet start to the day cos the Horny Hedgehog was in capital city looking for culture.

I had loaded my bait bag with a variety of delights for the silvers. The draw gave me 98 again so I was well aware of what I had to do. Keeping it simple I set up a rig to fish 4mm meat, corn and soft pellet at 11m. Another rig was the same but close in. I intended to feed a bed of casters and fish over the top.

I had two master baiters either side of me in the shape of George Fletcher and Pete Cooke. I knew it wouldn't be a quiet day!!!

From the off, the three of us caught lots of skimmers and roach. It was a case of who could find the better fish. Half way through the match Pete started 'cheating' by fishing under the tree to his left and hauled in a number of healthy size bream. George and I knew we were losers to this tactic. Speed merchant George was getting the bits out now and showed me how to catch a lot of small roach.

I could see the rest of the guys were catching. Ninja Searle on 96 didn't have a bite for the first two hours then started catching large carp. However his main rival, Tonto Coombes was matching him and at the end beat Ninja for the overall weight by 2lb ish. The silvers was no surprise after catching those 'tree' bream but Pete was nearly caught by Mike Bendell, again about 2lb ish margin.

Please see the results below.....


No comments:

Post a Comment