Tuesday 1 August 2017

Sunday 30th July 2017 - Viaduct Cary Lake

Scary Cary hosted 20 HLS guys on Sunday while PSV had Campbell and there was a Sunday open on Lodge. Viaduct is a very popular place and keeps Steve, Helen and Matt busy dealing with us all.

I was keen to note that the silvers weights have been improving and so was hoping my fingers would pull out 77 or 78 from the can. I was not to be, 98 came out and left me in two minds. Advice from the shop said that some reasonable silvers had shown from there but when I got to the peg I was seduced to the carp side. A pellet waggle and lead rod was set up along with a full depth rig, shallow rig and paste rig. Pellet and meat were my choice of baits.

To cut a long story short, I managed just one carp in the first four and a half hours. Graham on my right was fishing a pellet feeder and was getting regular bites. Where I had fed some green betaine and tried paste I got a lot of fizzing and bites from the silvers. So, with an hour and a half to go, I switched to a silvers rig, at depth and 4mm meat cubes and started catching nice skimmers and proper bream. A 10lb mirror crashed the party but I managed to land it on .017 line. At the weigh in my silvers went 9lb 14oz. If only!!!! Steve King on 96 had stuck to the silvers from the beginning and finished with 21lb 3oz. The little Bolton bar stool, George, had another charmed day and tempted the silvers into his net with the winning weight of 29lb 3oz.

As for the overall results, crafty Roger, on 81, had extracted 142lb 1oz of carp. There were rumours of him using the 'not quite floating bread' method but I can't believe Roger would visit the dark side!

Please see the results below......

No comments:

Post a Comment