Monday 7 August 2017

Sunday 6th August 2017 - Summerhayes Longs Lake

It was Sunday, the sun was shining, and Summerhayes Longs was the venue.   A measly fifteen turned out, but at least they were all keen to get to grips with it.

Peter was talking his usual CARP or have I spelt that wrong? but he  was on good form, the bacon butties and hot drinks kept coming.   He selected the pegs to be fished and pegs twenty eight and seventeen were the golden ones, which were drawn by Tonto and Dick.

I did all the business, paid Pete, and we made the draw.   I drew thirty eight, which was not ideal.   I had Martin to my left and Terry on the right.   There were lots of small roach and rudd present, but I was reliably informed, by the person who talks a lot of C---P,  that I could catch skimmers ?

Six hours later I was thinking, why did I not stay with the roach, as George won the silvers with just 6lbs 13ozs, and the Cockerel was second with 5lbs 14ozs!!   Oh what could have been?

The overall was won by Martin with 100lbs 6ozs of small carp, and the Man with No Name second with 97lbs 8ozs and the Chef third with 85lbs

Except for the shortage of silvers it was a good match, with plenty of fish caught.

              On Wednesday its Sedges and Sunday Avalon.   We are always receptive
                                   to phone calls.

                                                 Let's be having you
                                                                
                                                                   Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment