Thursday 3 August 2017

Wednesday 2nd August 2017 - Landsend Match Lake

We were at Landsend today and struggling for numbers.   The forecast was for rain and wind, but we were quite sheltered here, and the rain turned out to be just one heavy shower, so it was not so bad.

I collected the money, selected the pegs to be fished, and settled up with Di.   Next it was the draw, and Dick drew for me!  giving me peg 17 which was the Golden Peg, so I was in with a chance.

We then went off to our positions and set up.   I had Tonto to my left and Chef Pete on my right.  There was plenty of movement in the water, I hoped it was not all carp.

Horny tooted and we got underway.   No ground bait for me, just loose feed at four sections, corn, caster and maggots, with double maggot on the hook.   It was not long before the first carp was in the net, followed by a good roach, a perch, and a two and a half pound tench.    What a pleasant change from catching carp and skimmers!!!  I also caught a nice crucian and some lumpy bream.   I had a great days fishing, my total weight being 83lbs 2ozs. which was 21lbs 6ozs of silvers, and 61lbs 12ozs of carp.

It's so refreshing to go to a fishery not knowing what species you will catch. Thanks Mike, I look forward to our next visit.

Stan the Man took overall from peg five with ll2lbs 5ozs, the lowest weight being 30lbs 6ozs.   Full results below.

        On Sunday we visit Summerhays Longs, and next Wednesday it's Sedges
                 plenty of room, so get on the phone please.

                                        Get your bums out there.
            
                                                       Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment