Saturday 9 September 2017

Sunday 3rd September - Viaduct Campbell

Viaducts Campbell was the venue for this, the first Sunday in September.    The forecast was for rain all day!! but this did not deter eighteen of the lads drawing their pegs, heading for the lake,     all determined to capture a heap of the lake's residents.

The Golden Pegs were 112 drawn by Bad Boy George, and 125 drawn by Martin Western.   I drew 124 with Martin on my right, and The Burb to my left, two flyers read on.    I was not unhappy, my intentions were to fish sweetcorn to my front, and a margin swim to my left with caster.

Horny tooted and the lads got busy.   From the off there were lots of fish being caught, but not in my swim.   After two hours of trying with little reward, and getting soaking wet, I took the easy option and fished the margin.   I have never enjoyed being under an umberella, and today was no different.

Martin was having a good day until he lost a four section into the lake, and also Tony Newell had a large scaley go straight through his landing net;  what planet are these guys from??.

When finally we were tooted out Badger started the weigh, unfortunately Man With No Name overloaded one keepnet which got disqualified.    Martin had 41lbs of silvers, and a total weight of 148lbs 3ozs.   Bad Boy George on flyer peg 112 got 39lbs 7ozs  of silvers, and wanted to claim Golden Peg by default if Martin won overall!  Sorry no way George.  The problem was resolved when the Wizard, who was last to weigh totaled 154lbs.

The highlight of the day for myself, and I know a lot of the others, was KEV weighing in 111lbs7ozs, which was his first ever ton.   Well done you popular old dog.

The weather may have been bad, but the amount of fish caught was great.   Our thanks to Badger, this was the third consecutive time he has got soaked weighing us in, but without any complaints?

        On Wednesday it's Summerhayes Sellicks, and next Sunday it's our Away Day
                        at Todber Manor

                                          Get your names down.


                                                        Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment