Thursday 27 July 2017

Wednesday 26th July 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

There were just ten of Dad's Army fishing Avalon, on this damp but warm day.   Ron looked after us with a good selection of pegs.   The Golden Peg was number five, which was drawn by Tivi Dave.     Dave had one of those senior moments and left the wheels of his trolley at home!!  he did reassure me he is not off his trolley?

I settled all the business and the draw was completed, so it was off to set up.   Bad Boy George drew peg nineteen, and virtually ran to his peg, but sneaky Bob drew peg twenty, so we would see?

I shouted all in, and it was two small balls of ground bait with some sweetcorn to see what would happen.    Most of the lads were fishing for silvers, so overall would be between Ninja, Tonto, and the Chef.    That was how it finished, with Ninja weighing 108lbs 5ozs from peg ten.

My day started slowly with just one very small skimmer after an hour.   The bad news was, I knew George was catching steadily and was quietly confident;  but my day got better, my net fuller, so I became hopeful.

At the weigh in George pulled out my net and the scales went round to 43lbs 10ozs.   Next it was George, he had split his fish into two nets, but after my rough maths he totaled 33lbs 8ozs.   I had a smile, I'd beaten him from the next peg.

         It was a wet but very rewarding day, let's keep doing it!!

                             On Sunday we visit Viaducts on Scary Cary which is full.
                                    Wednesday next we tackle Landsend and I hope for a good
                                           turnout, please ring!!

                                                   I like this fishing
   
                                                            Chair Bob

P.S.    Our Sunday match results will in future appear in the Angling 
                    Times.   Bait Tech Club Results page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment