Thursday 1 June 2017

Wednesday 31st May 2017 - Shiplate Hawthorns

HLS were fishing Hawthorns Shiplate today, needless to say it was a full house on this popular venue.   Steve Carol and Reggie were all attending to our needs, starting with peg numbers and golden peg.

I took the money, sorted the pools, and settled with Steve.  This done it was time for the draw.   The Chef got lucky, he drew the golden peg number nine.   I drew 
ten, with Tivi on my right.   Pete and I like a chat,  the weather was good, what more did I want?   FISH!!!

Horny tooted and I decided two thirds across and both margins.   I had only old maggots  and sweetcorn for bait, so I started with the trusty maggot, switching to corn after an hour, hoping for some quality.   First put in I had a small skimmer followed by a tiny roach, then nothing.   After an hour I switched to corn, with no change.    Back to single red on a 20 hook, and at last a roach followed by the occasional fish.   Two hours left with little in the net,  decided to feed more at 10 minute intervals, and this did the trick, although I was pestered by a scaley.    At the weigh in I managed 14lbs 11ozs of silvers and 10lbs 10ozs of carp.   What a good day out!!

There were lots of fish caught, and everybody weighed in with Tonto on peg one winning overall, and Treasure coming second.   The nasty Sheriff just pipped me for silvers with 15lbs 7ozs.   "They'll Come" George kept going on about the 10lb bream (he says) that got away.

 Let's have more Wednesdays like this please.   I just like the smiling faces, laughter, and of course those little untruths that anglers are known to make.

         Sunday it's Avalon, and next Wednesday Trinity Ash.

                                 Bring it on.


                                                  Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment