Monday 12 June 2017

Sunday 11th June 2017 - Shiplate Hawthorn & Westpool

It was a warm but breezy day at Shiplate.    Carol and Steve made us welcome and sorted the pegs out, the Golden Pegs on both lakes was 15.

I collected the money and Treasure and I completed the business.   Next it was the draw, Shaun and Rob got the lucky number fifteens.    I got peg 6 on Hawthorns, having had a short draw for health reasons.

It was for me a relaxing day, Tony Newall picked me up and loaded my gear into his car, chauffeured me to the lakes and unloaded it.   George took it to my peg and back to the car after the match, I thought this was a lifestyle I could get used to!!

At 10-0 o'clock I shouted all in, and we all got on with it.    No ground bait just loose feed, I was trying to avoid the scaleys.   I started with five sections down the track with double pinkies on the hook, and from the off I was catching.   The first hour was great, but as so often happens it all went quiet, and I struggled for the rest of the match.   To my right Bend It was making a lot of splashing, followed by saying "another carp";  I didn't believe him, and at the weigh in I was proved correct.

Bend It weighed in a very good silvers weight of 25lbs 6ozs and just 4lb 1oz of carp;  what can I say?  Well done Mike.   Meanwhile to my left there was a lot more splashing. and Martin amassed a winning overall weight of 98lbs 15ozs.   I can honestly say I was stuffed.   On Hawthorn Chef Pete got overall by default, and for myself, silvers also by default.

Man With No Name won overall on Westpool with 70lbs 14ozs, and George won silvers with 15lbs 12ozs, and as always took my nugget.

The match produced a lot of good weights, proving what a well run and productive fishery Shiplate is.

        Our next matches are Emeralds on Wednesday and Landsend on Sunday

                                 See you then,

                                               Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment