Thursday 8 June 2017

Wednesday 7th June 2017 - Trinity Ash Lake

Today we were fishing Trinity Ash and sixteen of Dad's Army were attacking the lake.    The first thing I got was a rollicking from Misha for putting to much pressure on her fish, and not to expect to much.

I took the money and gave out the new Wednesday fixtures list while answering all the other questions.    Danny sorted out the discs for the draw, and Misha drew the Golden Peg number 9 which went to Treasure. 

I drew 4, with Bend It on 3 and an empty peg to my right.   It was 13 metres to the island for one swim, and both margins, fishing mainly maggot.    I shouted all in,  then put some bait in my selected swims and started on the island line.   This produced a few small roach, and then I changed to the left hand margin, which produced more small roach.

The bird life here can be very disruptive, I had a pair of oversexed pigeons in the tree overhead, a beautiful moorhen fell in love with my float, not to mention a pair of swans with six well behaved children, and a flotilla of ducks.   All this was capped off by the verbal abuse I was taking from my so called mates, referring to my mental and physical abilities.!!

Never mind the sun was shining, and we caught some fish.  It was good to hear Misha's comment that it's not the money, it's her fish that matter regarding the overcrowding.  I'm getting to like this fishing.

The next two Sundays Horny Hedgehog is away, so book with me for these matches please.

   It's Shiplate two canals on Sunday, and Emeralds Ruby on Wednesday.

                     Get on the blower  01278683243

No comments:

Post a Comment