Monday 29 May 2017

Sunday 28th May 2017 - Landsend Fisheries

Quite a few of the lads were enjoying, what they think of as the best breakfast they get, when I arrived at 8-0 a.m. so the car park looked busy.   Eventually 20 turned out to make the draw.   Mike selected the pegs and the Golden Pegs 21 and 24 and they went into the bucket.

I took the money and sorted the pools.   The match will be fished as three sections with equal payouts.   At the draw the Golden Pegs went to Paul Bowyer and Tony Newell.    I drew peg 13 in the far corner, this is a renowned carp peg,  but it can produce silvers, so I was happy.

Horny tooted and we were off!! Well some were, it took me an hour for my first bite, which was a nice perch.   This got me started on what turned out to be a very pleasant day for me, with two perfect golden tench, three crucians, two bream, and quite a few more roach, rudd and perch, I haven't mentioned the two carp!!  I wonder why?   Roger to my right was having a lazy day, but Pete across from me seemed to be catching well.

At the all out I was very pleased with 21lbs 2ozs of silver.    The weights overall were very good considering the carp are spawning, and were splashing about everywhere.  So many thanks Mike, the lads' enjoyed their day.   Full results below.

           On Wednesday it's Hawthorns Shiplate which is full.  Sunday next we are at
                      Avalon all the more the merrier.

                                                   Happy Days

                                                               Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment