Monday 5 June 2017

Sunday 4th June - Avalon Fisheries

Today we were at Avalon,on what turned out to be a very wet day.   Nineteen of the lads arrived, and Vic looked after us;  what could go wrong!!!   Well for myself I had left my umbrella and waterproofs at home!   please no comments.

Treasure did the business, and Vic selected the pegs, plus the two golden pegs which were 1 and 9.   Next it was the draw;    Horny drew peg one and Shane peg nine.   I drew twelve, sandwiched between Tony Newell and "They'll come"George

When Horny tooted it was still dry, but not for long.   I took near on two hours for my first bite, but it was a good fish followed by two more, then alas peace.   George was lying through his teeth, denying all the splashing was fish, while Tony who was fishing for carp was catching bream.

As the day progressed I got wetter and wetter, and at the weigh in I had a disappointing 9lbs 8ozs of silvers.    George on my left won silvers, and Tony on my right was second overall.    Draw you own conclusions; must do better maybe? the full results are below.

These guys are what makes a club, back in the car park and soaking wet, what did I get "see you next week, and put me down for Wednesday" there must be a mental problem.  Keep taking the pill lads you'll be alright!!

    Wednesday it's Trinity Ash and full. Next Sunday it's the two canals Shiplake
                        could do with some more.


                                                           Keep at IT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment