Tuesday 27 June 2017

Sunday 25th June 2017 - Viaduct Cary

It was Scary Cary Viaducts for the twenty lads who booked in for today.   The weather was overcast, with a threat of showers, but this didn't put these hardy chaps off.

 I collected the money and paid Badger;   I much prefer Helen, no wonder this place is packed!!!    Badger selected the pegs, the Golden Pegs were 76 and 88, these were drawn by Ninja and Martin.

I was off to the bank to set up stall for the off.   I decided on caster and corn for the hook bait, but no ground bait, to avoid the scaly critters;  as  I was on peg 81 there was no much chance of that. 

 Horny tooted and we were off.     It took an hour to catch my first fish, a small roach.   All that was moving in front over my loose feed were swirling dervish, so it was down the margins.   I got some success with skimmers, roach, and a nice tench for 13lbs dead, plus a couple of carp. 

I had, what I thought was, an interesting day's fishing, the rain had held off.    I was quite content until  I heard that Nasty Sheriff had amassed 43lbs 14ozs from the flier peg 77; there is no keeping my hard earned cash out of his deep pockets;  I am getting desperate!!!  

"Big Bird" got second silvers, with "They'll Come George" third.    First overall was Tony Newell with 71lbs 14ozs, followed by Tonto and Martin.

Well done everyone on not the easiest of days.   The full results are below.

          On Wednesday it's Tile Sedges, and next Sunday we visit Avalon
                                 Phone Horny for Sunday

                                                          Keep it coming

                                                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment