Tuesday 27 June 2017

Sunday 18th June 2017 - Landsend

Today at Landsend was our second lowest attendance for a Sunday, which was very disappointing for me.   It was a scorching hot day, and was going to be a test of endurance for those on the sunny side of the lake.

Martin and I selected the pegs to be fished, Treasure took the money and sorted the pools.   The draw was made with no complaints.   There were two Golden Pegs numbers 12 and 15, which went to Sausage and Tonto.   I drew peg 21, which was out of the sun;  this is a peg which can produce.   I intended to fish two thirds across, and the right hand margin close in, and two metres out.   I had dead maggots corn and caster for bait, and of course a mix of groundbait laced with my hook baits.

I shouted all in, and we got on with it.    Listening to the comments I could hear the lads were catching from the off.    After a few small roach I caught my first bream, which was about two and a half pounds.   Then it was back to roach and perch.   Out in front had died on me, so it was inside at the bottom of the shelf, where the fish came regularly, plus two bonus bream.   I had to move onto the shelf to avoid the scaleys, but again I was catching steadily.

There was a lot of chat especially between Man With No Name and "They Will Come" George;  I often wonder what people who don't know us would think about it.

It was time for the all out, and we would see who told the biggest porkies!!   Steve and Martin did the work, thank you lads, because there is always quite a lot to do.

The end result being a win overall for Martin, just easing out Steve.  Danny won the silvers with myself coming second, so parting with another nugget. 

We had a great days fishing with good weights all round, perhaps better results next time.   A big thanks to Mike and Di.

                     On Wednesday it's Avalon, where there is room for more, and Sunday
                                  Viaducts Cary which is full.

                                                Them's are biting


                                                           Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment