Tuesday 27 June 2017

Wednesday 21st June 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

On this, the longest day of the year, we attacked the lake  at Avalon.   It was very very hot, and I foresaw some casualties for Dad's Army.   The lads were in good spirits, giving each and all their usual amount of abuse.

Vic and Ron were looking out for us today.    Vic selected the pegs and drew the Golden Peg number 9, which eventually went to Tivi Dave.

I collected the money, sorted the pools, and settled with Vic, so we were all ready for the draw.   With Chef Pete still to come there were still two numbers left in the bag 1 and 11, my prayers were not heard, I got 1, oh well that's sods law!!!

I shouted all in and we got underway.   I decided on another lazy day, with no more than top five, hoping to avoid all the pesky battleships I could see in my swim.  It was a slow start for me, and a poor day overall.   But  this was not for all, Tungsten amassed 34lbs oz of silvers, for a very good win, and Tonto got overall with 76lbs 15ozs of scaleys.  Well done to both of you. 

This fishing is not for prudes or the shy,  I was pestered by dragonflys having "Humpy Pumpy" on my float tip all day.   A very sexy sport this angling!!  The full results are below.

       Sunday it's Scary Cary Viaducts which is full, and on Wednesday next we
                       visit Sedges Tile.  I'll accept phone calls for there. 

                                         I'll have a Thatchers


                                                           Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment