Saturday 1 July 2017

Wednesday 28th June 2017 - Sedges Tile Lake

A good turnout of eighteen, well kitted out lads of Dad's Army fishing at Sedges Tile today.    The downside of the day was, it rained steadily all through the match, stopping just in time for the weigh in.

Jaime selected the pegs to be fished,  Denise made the drinks and drew the Golden Peg, which was peg twenty two.   Tivi Dave got the chance of a little bonus.

I collected the cash, paid Jamie, and sorted the pools money, so next it was the draw.    It was thirty three for me, two up from the Nasty Sheriff on thirty five;  was this another flier??   Everyone seemed happy enough, even George, an unusual thing to happen!!

My aim today was to fish caster and corn, five sections with a small amount of groundbait.   Surprise Surprise!! it worked, I had ten pound of skimmers in the first hour.   Alas it all went pear shaped, I got just another seven pounds, plus a couple of carp, in the remaining hours.    To my left I could see Danny's landing net pole going into meltdown with all the work it had to do,  and at the weigh in it was
 another forty pound bag of silvers , plus some carp.

Over in corner peg thirty Chef Pete was going quietly about his work, and got overall with ninety two pounds.

It was a very good match with lots of fish caught by everyone.   Our thanks to Jamie for a great venue.  

I was so wet I had to change right down to my knickers when I got home, it was that kind of day;  so much for waterproofs.    But!!  another great day with lots of craic, the full results below

   On Sunday its Avalon, lots of room phone Horny and Wednesday its Summerhays phone Bob.

                            Still drying out!  Hic

                                              Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment