Thursday 28 July 2016

Wednesday 27th July 2016 - Shiplate Hawthorns

Ten of Dad's Army turned out to tackle a great venue at Shiplate on Hawthorns, where any peg can win. The welcome is always good there.   Steve sorted the pegs and Carole drew the golden peg, which was 9.   Treasure collected and paid the money to Steve.   It was then time for the draw, Robot Duck got lucky again, drawing the golden peg for the second week running. 

The lads took up their positions and prepared their equipment.   At 10 o'clock I shouted the all in and battle commenced.   I drew peg 12 and intended targetting the skimmers with sweetcorn and castor.   On my right is Treaasure, and to the left "Wee Dram" Bill Parker, that was good as they are both carp anglers.

My day had two sides, a nice net of skimmers and roach and a heap of interfering carp trying to ruin my rigs and costing me in hook lengths.   Treasure had a very rare bad day, and Bill had some sport.

At the weigh in there had been a lot of fish caught.  Robot Duck did the business again with a good weight of 70lbs 10ozs.   I  beat the Sheriff for the silvers, and claimed another couple of nuggets from my mates?!

Full results below.

On Sunday we are at Landsend, and next Wednesday it's Sedges.   Please note the match on Sunday 14th  AUGUST will be at SUMMERHAYS  LONGS



                                                      Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment