Tuesday 12 July 2016

Sunday 10th July 2016 - Viaduct Campbell Lake

Twenty turned up to fish at Viaducts on Campbell which was just the right number for this lake.   Everyone arrived early, so I took the money and went up to see Badger who sorted out the pegs,  Helen, his wife, drew the golden peg 118.   Back to the car to make the draw.   GWR Western drew the golden peg and everyone seemed happy, or did George mutter??

Everyone set off to set up;  I trudged up to the lodge to pay Badger and give him the sheet.  Business done I made my way to peg 124 with Ninja Eric on my right and Tivi Dave to my left.   I was a contented chappie looking forward to a good day's sport.    I was planning to fish five sections in front with corn and worms for bait.   Horny tooted and things got underway.   I put in and after two minutes my float went under, and I had a pest pulling my arms off.  Not to bad 6/7 lbs of carp in the net after only ten minutes.   My match then took a backward step, and after three hours I had around 5 lbs of silvers to my credit, not setting the world on fire, Tivi Dave was not fairing any better.   Just after halfway my day took a turn for the good, the better skimmers took a liking to my sweet corn, and for two hours I was doing quite well.   Then alas the big boys moved in, it was carp after carp with lost rigs and some choice words, the end result being 20 lbs cost of silvers, which was not enough, and another nugget went into the deep pockets of Sheriff Danny, who with 31 lbs cost came 2nd to King Steve.   Overall there were three ton up boys Woolly, Tonto, and Welsh Wizard Brian; Woolly on top with 137 lbs cost.  The full results are below.

Wednesday we are at Landsend, and next Sunday Woodlands Trinity.

Looking forward to seeing you

                                Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment