Monday 4 July 2016

Sunday 3rd July 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

27 HLS guys turned up at Avalon including a handful of Georges friends from the Bolton area. I was amazed he had so many friends!! Vic had chosen pegs 5 to 40 for us and those among us with lesser lung power hoped they got a low number peg. However, everyone knew that pegs 19 to 26 were performing best.
After a couple of months away from the fishing I was greeted with the expected 'kind' greetings!! I had come prepared to fish for silvers because I had heard that the Bream had been putting in an appearance. The golden peg was 40 and this number stuck to the hand of Shane. Last time he had the golden peg he decided to go swimming while setting up so there was a quick call made to Burnham lifeboats.
My hand selected peg 36 and I was none the wiser for not having the pleasure of the peg before. When I reached the peg I was near to the end of an island but I let Tonto Coombes (peg 35) have the cast as he was targeting the water pigs. To my left was Simon G then the King, Chairman and finally Shane. Opposite us was Danny and so Chairman Bob was able to keep an eye on his 'nugget' rival.
I decided to fish 3 lines; 11m and 8m in front and a top kit for the right hand margin. Bait was caster, sweetcorn, 4mm + 6mm soft pellets with a sweet silvers groundbait and a few micros. We were to fish 10:00 till 4:30 to suit Vic and I have to say it was a long day. My 11m metre line was the only line that produced but it was a case of waiting ages for a bite. The weather seemed to have an influence because there were periods of clouds then periods of roasting sunshine and the fish were certainly happier with the cloud cover in terms of feeding.
There was plenty of splashing from those that found the carp but the silvers were very shy. I ended up with 7 nice bream and bits for 18lb 12oz. The top silvers was 25lb 5oz so I only needed a few more Bream to be in contention.
The weekly competition for the £1 Nuggets was won by Bolton Boy Fletcher..... which he spent on slimline tonic. The other nuggets was won by Chris Rossiter, who again showed Beardsy and Matt C how to fill the net with Carp. I'm sure Chris is feeling embarrassed now at the number of nuggets he's taken from these two!!

The score sheets are below and the chairman wishes me to let you know that on Sunday 17th July, the match is at Trinity Woodlands.



No comments:

Post a Comment