Thursday 7 July 2016

Wednesday 6th July 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

Back to Avalon and it was a grand day with lots of sunshine, sixteen of Dad's Army were on parade, plus five guests from the Bolton Area, who mixed in with us locals nicely.   So Ian selected 21 pegs, and the golden peg came out lucky 13, which was drawn by Colin Lambert.   Treasure sorted the money, and when complete it was off to take up our positions.

I drew peg 29 and was quite happy, on my left was Kev and to my right Mike, one of our guests.   I had sweetcorn, meat and worms for bait, plus a mixture of ground baits with micropellets added. I just had two rigs, one for the margins and the other for five sections in front.   I fished in front all the match.   I fed small but often, and had to wait for a bite, but the fish were of a good size.   At the weigh in my result was 23lbs 12ozs which was good enough to win the silvers.   Big Bird weighed 72lbs 6ozs to win overall, with Robot Duck Pete putting in a good performance for second.

It was another good day for the club and the lads and long may it continue.   Full results below.

      Sunday its Viaducts, then next Wednesday Landsend where I could do with a few more names please.

                                             Good fishing

                                                   Chair  Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment