Friday 15 July 2016

Wednesday 13th July 2016 - Landsend

Just seven of Dad's Army fished at Landsend on a day of heavy showers and sunshine, so there was plenty of space for each of us, giving us a good chance to put a few in the net.   The golden peg was 7; Tungstan got lucky ,not for the first time, so we were determined he would not escape with the loot.  

I started them off a bit early, and the fun began.   Bolton George drew the flyer peg 13, which before the draw he said must win it;  more hot air from our much slimmed down lad.   I drew peg 21, which can produce some good silvers.   On my left is Robot Duck, which was all I could see.   I was fishing ten metres to start, intending to come in to top four with sweet corn on the hook.   I had bites from the off, some nice plump roach and rudd entered the net, followed by a 3lb bream and a good crucian.   If ,like me, you enjoy your silver fishing,  this was as good as it gets.   Robot Duck was catching a variety of specie, but mostly carp, so no worries there.   I came in closer catching a good stamp of fish, which resulted at the weigh in 31lbs 15ozs.

Thank you Mike for a great day, and apologise for not ringing.

Robot Duck won overall with 79lbs mainly carp.  The full results below.

Lets hope the Dad's Army wounded and concientous objectors can make it next week.

Sunday its Trinity Woodlands with a second helping on Wednesday,  I look forward to it.

                                  Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment