Monday 1 August 2016

Sunday 31st July 2016 - Landsend Fisheries

This match was relocated to Landsend because Badger had concerns about the oxygen levels in Cary Lake Viaducts, which I believe have been resolved; so good luck Steve we will see you soon.

We were fishing Johns and Top Lakes, 22 of the lads turned out to enjoy the action.   We broke our rule about over-spilling on to two lakes, but this was on the recommendations of Mike and Tony Rixon, both of whom have more knowledge than us.

GWR,  the King and myself walked the lakes selecting the pegs to be fished.   I then made out the tickets and drew the golden peg with Mike.   Sheriff did the sheet, and the draw was made, with George drawing the golden peg number 50.

It was a long walk to our pegs, but its great to have natural banks to fish from;  I drew peg 68 and was more than satisfied.

I wanted to fish caster over groundbait, and intended to stick with it.  I had small roach and rudd to begin with, then nothing. The sun was very bright and hot, and the carp were running riot all over my swim.   Just after two o'clock I began to get bites again as the sun moved off my swim, but still the carp were playing havoc with my light gear, so I decided to call it a day half and hour early.

Summing up, it has been another good day for the Hook Line and Sinker Angling Club, with lots of fish in nets .  A big thank you to Mike for providing an excellent venue. 

Full results below.

Next Wednesday we are at Sedges Tile, and Sunday we visit Avalon with plenty of room, so please book early. 

                                     Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment