Thursday 21 July 2016

Wednesday 20th July 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

Ten of Dad's Army turned out on a warm sunny day, all looking forward to a friendly competitive match.  There was lots of good natured talk about what they might!!! do to each other and very imaginary weights fished.  Lily (Misha's daughter) drew the golden peg, so we were ready for the draw.  Robot Duck drew peg 2, which was the golden peg, and immediately started moaning, there's no fish, there's no wind, and if I have no bites after an hour I am going home.   Six hours later I 'm weighing in 104lbs plus of fish for him, thinking what was all that about.   Just remember lads, we are here to enjoy each other's company, and anything else is a bonus.

 I drew peg 27 with Sheriff to my left and Bolton George next along, so I have to do well, on my right is big Stan, but no bother as he is after the big vermin, which can be seen topping.   Sheriff says he's handicaped with a bad back, everyone seems to believe the cause is the weight of his money belt and wallet!!!

I shouted all in to get us started, for me it's sweetcorn over a groundbait mix.   I started at 11 metres, then back to top five sections... The first hour was quite good with some nice skimmers, then a long slow period when pork pies and cake were devoured, and a call to Marilyn the wife.   With an hour and a half to go the fish decided to feed,  and I was cataching again.   I ended up with 18lbs 12ozs, enough to take the silvers and Danny and George's nuggets.

So another good day again, the full results are below (+ a pic of the three wise monkeys).

On Sunday it's Sedges Tile,  and next Wednesday it's Shiplate Hawthorns.   I would like more names for Wednesday.   Looking forward to it.

                                             Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment