Tuesday 30 April 2019

HLS Angling - Trinity Waters - 28.04.19

Todays gathering was at one of the most popular lakes of the club anglers of Woodlands Lake at Trinity Waters. With the temperatures of the previous days over the Easter Bank holiday being warm but then with storm Hannah encroaching on us for the Saturday, no one knew how it would fish. It was previously fishing very well but the water colour had changed significantly during the week.

I met with a few regulars and had a chin wag and catch up and hen to my surprise, Somerset Angling had sent in their representative of Simon Garbutt who had taken time out of fishing the canals and maybe his ploy was to generate a bit more business and line Mr Kedges pocket with more silver.

The main talk was about the recent dads army trip t ROF ponds which didn't apparently fish too well and Eric and George made it very clear of their disappointment. I did ask the question of them both if they had forgotten to take their happy pills but they informed me that they had - god knows how grumpy they could really get then.

Detall was sat on the seat in deep thought (as per below picture), I could only think that he was contemplating how on earth he managed to turn up with unclean bib and brace or how he was going to clean it for the next time. " I don't know Detall - Standards are Slipping" He did suddenly perk up when Roger called him Shane and for a few moments they exchanged verbal's but then kissed and made up.

I had my nice cuppa and paid my fees and the golden peg was drawn which was peg nos 6. Now this has been producing the goods with some big weights over the past few weeks, whoever was to pick this would have a good chance if fished correctly.

20 members in for todays match so another good turn out.

Onto the draw -

Peg nos

2 - Sausage
6 - Simon Garbutt
7 - Dettal
8 - Lord C
9 - Guru Tart
10 - Tax Man Brian
12 - Mario Tony
14 - Dave Allen
16 - Nice Guy Rich
17 - Eric
20 - Sharp Shopper Shane
21 - Mutant George
22 - Tungsten Dave
23 - Graham
24 - Roger
26 - John Wolstencroft - (Crofty) from now on
27 - Steve Warren - (Rabbit) from now on
29 - Queenie
30 - Danny
31 - Me

So the Garbutt had Golden peg and there were a few mumblings around the lake mainly from the Tart and normal verbal abuse from Queenie. Sausage wasn't happy that he had chosen a well known carp peg and Shane was confident in the corner with it fishing well in the week.

I had Danny next to me on my right and no one to my left, I was glad I had ear plugs as Queenie on the next peg to Danny just doesn't stop talking. Directly opposite I had the Garbutt who had a grin bigger than a Cheshire tom cat who had all the cream.

So the hooter sounded and I couldn't see too much going around me although Danny had a few small blades and Sausage out on the tip had a nice skimmer. Queenie was talking and giving his normal abuse so he was obviously catching a few. It took an hour for me to get catching but then I caught all day. The only trouble, was the standard of skimmers were small and not the normal decent stamp with Danny also having the same problem but he also lost a few god uns. Then for 5 minutes I thought I had gone deaf as queenie stopped talking, that normally means he not catching and concentrating harder.

Detall in peg 7 then had a nice Golden Tench of 3-4lb - hooked in the mouth this time, but it was the Garutt that was catching regular in the margins.

So the all out was called and the results as follows

Overall

1st  - Simon Garbutt - 72lb - 09 oz
2nd - Steve King      - 56lb - 10 oz
3rd - Brian                - 48lb - 03 oz

Silvers

1st - Dave Allen       - 27lb - 03 oz
2nd - Sausage           - 18lb - 10 oz
3rd - Danny              - 17lb - 14 oz

Great fishing from Dave for his haul of silvers and for Simon to win from the golden peg. Apparently he's treating people to free bait this week and would be good to see him again on Sunday.

We are at Summerhayes on Sunday - lake to be confirmed on the day. Please contact Phil to book your place.






No comments:

Post a Comment