Thursday 2 May 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 1st May Avalon

Eleven of Dad's Army arrived at Avalon on a calm grey morning.   The craic was good, George had his  ongoing problem with his trolley wheels, one of which eventually fell off.   We all had a good laugh, and the conclusion was that George was off his trolley!!!

Ron was there to look after us today. he's a good bloke, he had the peg discs ready.   All that remained was getting "blood out of the stones" namely extracting the lad's pennies.   On to the draw, I got golden peg number sixteen, and I fancied my chances, as this is one of my favourite venues with a nice head of bream and some cracking tench resident here.

All in, and out go the pots of feed including mine, which had a good dose of corn and caster.   I was not expecting to catch straight away, with corn on the hook I was looking for a better quality fish.

On my left John had a very slow frustrating day, but to my right Steve caught a few carp and silvers.  The most exciting part of the day was seeing a chap across the lake fall out of his chair not once but twice.   Beat that Kev Hayes.

My day was full of plenty of movement on the float, but not many positive bites.   I weighed 11lbs 15ozs of silvers, this included a 3lb tench in pristine condition, plus a good bream, me thinks it's the mating season.

Eric did the business on peg 8, proving you don't have to have a island chuck to win.   The Nasty Old Sheriff took the silvers on the end peg 7, with a commendable 21lbs 8ozs.   

Everyone caught fish, the weather behaved, what more could a chap want on a Wednesday?

     Next week it's Sedges Tile so make me happy and use the dog and bone 01278683243.

                                              Bob (Adjutant)



                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment