Thursday 4 April 2019

HLS Dad's Army Wednesday 3rd April Summerhays Sellicks

We were at Summerhays Sellicks today, but I'm sorry to say it was a poor turnout for Dad's Army.  Just not good enough lads, must "put oneself out" comes to mind!!

The weather was good to start, but it gradually deteriorated as the day passed.  Peter was good for hot drinks and all the business was completed in quick time.   Onto the draw, the last peg was 23 and the Golden one, more like tin, as it was won last week, and of course it was mine

Off to our pegs, I was happy with my nice large platform.  On my right was Tungsten and next on George, we all fished for silvers.

At the all in I put in a cup of ground bait topped with 2mm pellets and caster.   Then out with five sections of pole and a single maggot on size 20 hook   It was not long before a small skimmer entered the net...I then tried caster and the fish got bigger.   After an hour it was caster and red maggot; I was having a good day!

My neighbors were struggling a bit and saying nasty things about my parentage, which made me more happy, as during the day I netted 31lbs 8ozs of silvers, plus a couple of carp.

My net contained mostly skimmers, with three nice crucians, two tench, and some roach and rudd. That meant my second week running I collected nuggets from Nasty Old Sheriff and George.  If the weather improves I could take to this fishing.

All out and everyone weighed, the average weight being 35lbs, which is good for any venue, especially considering the conditions.   The Wizard came out top overall with 49lbs, and myself won silvers with 31lbs 8os.

           Many thanks to those who fished, and to Peter and Summerhays for a very productive day.

                 Next Wednesday we fish Woodlands Trinity, our first visit since the work on the far bank.
                                This could be interesting.

                                           
                                                Telephone 01278683243

                                                                 Bob (Adjutant)


                                                   


                     










No comments:

Post a Comment