Thursday 25 April 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 24th April R.O.F. Club Borrow Ponds

We were guests of the R.O.F. club today, so just a peaceful parade at Borrow Ponds.  There were sixteen of us fishing,  this included two guests who are members of the  R.O.F. club.  This was the first visit for most of us, and impressions were very favourable.   It is  very peaceful, the car parking easy, and the swims have adequate space.

Mike the Beaker selected the pegs and everything for the draw.  I collected the Coin of the Realm, and sorted the business, so we were ready for the lucky dip.

There were no complaints as we don't know the water, so yet more peace!! Could this job be getting better?   Mustard got the Golden Peg number 23;   I drew 12, which I was told generally does well. as everybody made their way to their swims it started to rain, I suppose everything can't be perfect.  After the heatwave over Easter we got a cold monsoon, and I was not clothed for it BRR!

I wanted to fish my favourite caster over ground bait at a 12 metre long  line, and at the all in it was not long before I was catching nice roach and rudd.   Across from me WO11 Bill had a tench, and Bend It lost one in the rushes.   Richie, the only other I could see had a tench and some skimmers, plus a small pike, which is unusual to be seen in fisheries.

I will not dwell on the match, so it was onto the weigh in.  What a treat, no great weights of carp to hump, this is a silvers venue.  Although the weights were not great, everyone agreed it had been a good experience, except for the dreadful weather!!!

The two guests framed, but The Nasty Old Sheriff took first with 32lbs 13ozs of mostly quality bream, so there went another of my nuggets into his deep pockets.   Well done Danny,but don't push friendship too far. 

We return here on June 19th, and I am looking forward to this visit, having had work experience, I hope to do better.   The full results below.

       Next Wednesday Avalon gets our attention,.   So let's have a good one.

                    Until then;

                                   Bob (Adjutant)


                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment