Tuesday 16 April 2019

HLS Angling - Summerhayes 14.04.19

Todays venue was Summerhayes Fisheries on Sellicks Pond. On arrival the car park was very full with 3 matches booked in. A few regulars were missing this week due to Easter half term but there were some new faces to make up the numbers.

A few people approached me and congratulated me on last weeks win and also the blog so thank you all.

I off loaded my gear and got a couple of keep nets when I had a quick chat to Bill the Paste who said I should get 3 nets. I thought that was a good sign to come as Bill had fished here numerous times and probably knows better than most how it would perform. However I thought that due to some temperature drop and the cold Easterly wind that 3 net were optimistic so I just chose the 2.

The wind was not overly strong, but the forecast was for some gusts, and for those fishing on the bank with their back to the motorway, were going to be more comfortable than those with the wind In their faces.

So the draw for the golden peg was made and this week was on peg 12 which can be a good carp peg although the favoured peg here is peg 1.

With 19 members attending today the draw was made as follows

Peg

1 - Nick Selway
3 - Tony Fry
4 - John Bradford
5 - Eric
6 - Tax Man Brian
7 - Dettal
9 - Lord C
10 - Me
11 - Guru Tart
12 - Danny
13 - Sharp Shopper Shane
14 - Brummy Steve
15 - Mutant George
16 - John Wolstencroft
18 - Tungsten Dave
19 - Paul Lock
20- Graham
22 - Dick Hurford
23 - Mario Tony

So my guest either side of me today were the Guru Tart and to my right Lord C. With the company that I had it was a given that if no fish were caught I was going t get earache and to be honest I haven't laughed so much in a while.

So we started to set up our equipment and today with the wind behind me I was happy not to set up the rod but a couple of lines targeting mainly carp. Lord C wanted to target silvers but not the best peg for that and Guru Tart was happy to catch anything.

The last time out at Avalon a couple of weeks ago the Guru Tart wanted some sweet corn so I obliged, however it took him 2 weeks to crow his crop to return to me as I was going to fish corn in the margins, after moaning at me he finally gave in and returned the corn.  The cheeky sod than asked if I had any Tipex, now me being a nice guy, I had given my pot to Dettal and told him that Detall had some. Lord C obliged as well and the Tart gratefully took this.

With 10 mins to go and most people set up,Tony Fry was having a walk with Lord C and was speaking with the Tart when the Tart threw in a hand full of expanders to his right margin. As you can imagine the cries of "Cheat", "Pre-Baiting" , "abusing his vice Chair position" echoed around the lake. The response was "I was just seeing if they floated or sank and that I wont be fishing that margin anyway"

So the all in hooter went and straight across with a small cad pot of micros and a 8mm banded pellet, a few knocks and a few strikes but nothing. Then the Tart struck and thick elastic came out of the pole on his 13m line - he thought he was in, Lord C looked over and the Tart was pulling thinking he was well into a lump - oh and how he was, a great lump of reed. He pulled and pulled then the inevitable happened and he lost his rig and the normal cussing and swearing followed with Lord C and myself chuckling.

Lord C then caught a good skimmer and then I had a carp of a pound and the cries of that's how you do it were shouted in the direction of the Tart. With that the Tart got out his margin rig and went to his left, I balled in some ground bait on my left margin by a nice clump of reed and then went back out on the long line. Nothing happening to went on my 9m line ad picked up a few silvers with Lord C picking up carp on his long line.

Then outrage as the Tart started to fish to his right margin which he had pre-baited before the all in and I had just fed, the cries of cheat and disqualification were shouted. He struck and again elastic came out of the pole and again he hooked a lump of weed, I'm sorry but I couldn't stop laughing as he snapped yet another rig. Then more outrage as he then caught 2 little pasties on my margin line and more shouts of "Cheat" and "Nige you should report him to the chairman"

In total he lost 4 rigs on that day so I txt Steve Kedge and told him to put up the cost of his rigs up on Monday as the Tart will be in and need to buy at least 4.

The going was hard but then Lord C shouted to me that Dettal was in to a bream and landed an ass hooked 4lb fish.

With the tart still tying new rigs and plummeting every time, I asked him why he didn't mark his pole and apparently Lord C had given him invisible marker - a lesson here to you Phil -  ensure you are prepared.

So fishing not great but the banter was good and was glad when the all out was called.

Results as follows

Overall

1 - Nick Sellway - 36lb -15oz - Peg 1
2 - Tony Newell  - 29lb -15oz - Peg 23
3 - Dave Tunstill - 29lb -12oz - Peg 18

Silvers

1 - Shaun Larkham - 11lb -07oz - Peg 7
2 - Paul Lock          - 6lb - 10oz - peg 19
3 - John Bradford    - 5lb - 01oz - peg 4

Well done to those who attended. Next week its at the Sedges on Brick Lake  - PLEASE ENSURE YOU TEXT PHIL

Please note that the Club Chairman has informed me that club membership is at full capacity and no more members will be allowed to join at present.

As you can tell with the pictures that my arm wasn't aching this week as I didn't catch much so was able to add a bit more content to the blog.

                                                                NICE CALM WATERS
 

 
 
BIT CHOPPY ON THIS SIDE

 
 
IS DETTAL PRE-BAITING HIS MARGINS ASWELL OR JUST CHECKING IF HIS EXPANDERS SINK OR FLOAT?

 
 
RESULTS


No comments:

Post a Comment