Thursday 14 September 2017

Wednesday 13th Sept 2017 - Sedges Brick Lake

Dad's Army were fishing Sedges Brick on a blustery damp day, and  thirteen intrepid lads were making the assault.    There were not many of us with previous military experience, just Willie Parker Highlanders, Horn Blower RN and myself One Para

First was the business, I collected the money, paid the dues, so we were all legal.  Next the draw, the Golden Peg was eighteen, which went to Big Bird, and I got peg one.     There was no George today, so no moaning.

Then it was off to the bank to prepare for action.   I was fishing my usual two swims, five sections to the front, and the left hand margin, feeding a mix of ground bait with sweetcorn and castors, a double red maggot on an eighteen hook.   After two hours I had approximately 5lbs of silvers, and thought  I must do better, so I upped the feed a little.

I then had a visit from Ballcock, who was all dressed up in his referees outfit, he immediately threatened me with a red card for language.    He then wandered off only to return with the news that Tungsten was catching well, but the Sheriff was struggling.

My day took a turn for the better, with a steady flow of good fish feeding over my ground bait until the all out.    It was then time for the weigh in, and the usual rush of willing helpers, namely Danny and myself.   THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE!!!

I was the first to weigh, with 40lbs 6ozs of silvers; a good days fishing.   Tungsten had 38lbs, but that Nasty Old Sheriff, who just can't tell the truth, hauled out 52lbs 1oz!!  Well done mate?  Chef Pete dished up 73lbs 4ozs of mainly carp, with Spod Coombs second with 56lbs 12ozs, giving bruv Tonto another hammering.

It was a rough day weatherwise,  but we enjoyed some good fishing, with excellent silver weights.

        It's Shiplate Main Lake of Sunday, and Wednesday next Landsend.

                              Use the Dog and Bone!!!!!


                                                Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment