Monday 18 September 2017

Sunday 17th September 2017 - Shiplate

Today we were at Shiplate Main Lake, just fourteen were competing due to holidays and other commitments.     The temperature has dropped, and I was thinking so would the weights; there was also a cold northerly blowing down the lake, or was I making excuses!!!

It's always a pleasure fishing here, we got our usual warm welcome, along with information which we can believe?  There was no Treasure today, so I collected the coin and completed the business.    Carol had sorted the pegs, so the draw was made; Tivi Dave and myself went golden.

I drew next to Bad Boy George, who said all the silvers were on the other side of the lake, but he wasn't moaning!   To my right was Shane, who was having an intelligent conversation with Ninja "Well Ah, Aye Man"  conversation ended.

The Horny Hedgehog tooted, and after just a few minutes in George was not moaning,  just complaining he had a carp,  it was soon followed by another.  My day started slowly with just a few roach and a skimmer.   The fish seemed to come in twos and threes, I was building a little weight, but it was not good enough.

At the weigh in Tonto, on the flier peg fifteen, failed with just 22lbs 12ozs, I suspect he was sleeping on the job.   Our Cordon Bleu Chef had 20lbs 2ozs of silvers, which was good enough for second; I was third with 18lbs 10ozs, which beat the Nasty Old Sheriff by 4ozs, so I collected his nugget.    Martin on peg six with 23lbs 12ozs won the silvers, as George predicted, the truth at last!!

The fish seemed to have collected aroung pegs eleven and twelve,  Man With No Name was top at 92lbs14ozs, and Horny second with 82lbs 4ozs.   The full results below.

             On Wednesday we visit Landsend, and next Sunday Summerhays Longs.

                             I'm nugget hunting,

                                           Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment