Tuesday 26 September 2017

Sunday 24th Sept 2017 - Summerhayes Longs Lake

On Sunday 24th September and there were seventeen of us at Summerhays Longs.   Peter was in good form, and we had to listen to his weekly joke, but at least he made hot drinks for our sufferance.

Treasure took charge of the money, and I sorted out the pegs and the draw.  It all went smoothly, with Sausage and Tonto getting the Golden Pegs.

Everyone was in position with weapons loaded.    I shouted all in, and we got underway.   I drew the best peg on the lake, but I was not feeling to good, so I had to see what sort of mess I could make of it.    From the off I caught two small skimmers and a roach, and it was looking good;  but like most quick starts it went downhill, and bites were hard to come by.   I looked around, and from what I could hear most of the others were having problems.

Ninja caught well from peg eight and won overall,  with Martin second and Tonto third.    The silvers was AGAIN won by the Nasty Old Sheriff; I had to settle for second, with Tivi Dave third.

Well done Pete, new keepnets, that's another step in the right direction.

           On Wednesday it's Avalon, and next Sunday  we visit Trinity.

                   It's time to book for the Christmas Fur and Feather. Names please!!


                                           Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment