Saturday 30 September 2017

Wednesday 27th September 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

On a damp and breezy morning a dozen of Dad's Army arrived at Avalon.   Autumn has arrived, it's getting colder, and there were lots of leaves on the water, which can be a nuisance.

The lads reluctantly parted with their ackers,  I did the business and sorted out the pegs to be fished.   The draw was made and Martin got the Golden Peg number thirteen, with the last peg in the bag seven for myself.    I was happy, with a couple of empty pegs to my left, and Tony Newell on my right.

At ten o'clock I shouted the all in, and the ground bait started to go in, the little darlings were having their late breakfast.    My day started slowly, I was fishing worm over caster and ground bait at five sections.   I had a second swim down the right hand margin, which looked promising, time would tell!!!

Tony next door started catching scaleys on a regular basis, looking set for a good weight,  while The Chef struggled on peg five.  Two hours in with not a lot to show, I had tried the margin but it was just bits.    Back out in front I got my first flyer of the day, I got hopeful, it was a bit late in the day at 2 o'clock I thought.

Time was up, I shouted all out, and the weighing began on peg twenty two with Bad Boy George who was moaning,  what a surprise !!!    He was also telling little porkies to all the lads about weights on his way back to the car park.

The final result was a win overall for Tony, with a very respectable 92lbs 1oz. Martin won the silvers with 21lbs, and myself second with 20lbs 6ozs, just one fish short.    The only consolation being I had Danny, George, and Tivis' nuggets deep in my pocket.

      Thanks to everyone for a great days entertainment, this includes Avalon fishery.

 I have taken the first few names for the Fur and Feather already!!

        On Sunday it's Trinity Woodlands, and next Wednesday Shiplate Hawthorns.

                    Christmas is coming and the fish are getting fat? to much cider!!


                                 Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment