Monday 1 May 2017

Sunday 30th April 2017 - Sedges Tile Lake

We fished at Sedges today and twenty lads' arrived for a full lake.   Everyone wanted to draw a high number in order to have the strong wind on their backs.

Treasure had a break today, so I had to do the business while the others had hot drinks and saw to their gear.

At the draw George drew 27,  which was the Golden Peg, with Sheriff on 28, and myself on 26;  we were fishing into a strong wind which, after two hours,  was accompanied by steady rain; not great.   I decided not to struggle with the long pole, just five sections, hoping they would come to my feed.

The Horny Hedgehog tooted and we got underway.   Straight away George was giving me a running commentary about how the Sheriff was catching hundred weights of fish, and how far behind he was!!   I was catching with my chosen method, and in the first to hours it looked good, but then my fish backed off; I was not prepared to follow them due to the conditions; I must be getting soft in my dotage.

Jamie was weighing us in and I was doing the board.   On our side of the lake the weight's were not good , but got better as we moved up. All the top overall weight's
came from the high numbers, with Pete the Chef cooking up another great catch to win with 144lbs 10ozs.   Sausage got second with 75lbs 10ozs, and Shane was third with 48lbs 8ozs.   Nasty OLD Sheriff won silvers with 19lbs 2ozs, not quite the hundredwieghts as suggested by someone?

Well done everyone on such a miserable day weather wise.   It  must get warmer please!!!

       Wednesday it's Avalon, and next Sunday Summerhayes.  I can take more on
                              both venues.  I answer all calls, so get on with it.

                                                    Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment